Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
British Cavalry 1708 Contribution

Well, we are blessed this week with a splendid addition from Minuteman following Alan's last.
These rival the Napoleonics for spectical, color and fiddleness. The setting gives full rein to the subject and the horses look particularly good (not usually Strelets strong point, and no not to start a discussion). The flag bearer and flag look wonderful although I can't help thinking that the staff looks a tadge bulky. All the lads sporting a Covid hairstyle and glowering looks. This is surely an inspiration to us all. The colour red must be flying off the shelves.
Excellent...

Re: British Cavalry 1708 Contribution

Splendid indeed well done sir, the WSS has taken me by surprise, I don`t think I will have a couple of huge armies,but I am it seems building a couple of small ones, the figures and this set in particular are very very good, maybe even Strelets best yet.

To follow on from Paul and Alan—marvellous painting Mark!

The first line charging in and the second at the walk/trot look great. Such a fine job with the lace, trumpter and flag too.

Regards, James

Great job, bravo! The WSS is my current project. Can I see your blog somewhere?
Best regards Valentin.

Valentin Girbusov
Great job, bravo! The WSS is my current project. Can I see your blog somewhere?
Best regards Valentin.
Thank you Valentin! It is interesting to hear that the WSS is your current project.

I do not have a blog at the present time, but I hope to continue to post Contributions here at Strelets.

regards

Minuteman

The faces and the lace are beautifully done; indeed, the whole charge is inspiring. Contributions like these tempt me to stop what I'm painting now and take up a whole new period.

1st class a plus for these not my period buy great all the same all thats needed is a sir rodney ffling or a captain fancy type to lead them on the great hurrah wonderful figures well done

Bravo Minuteman!! Well done, good painting an amazing set by Strelets.

Thank you for the kind remarks, much appreciated.

Yes, this is an excellent set and one which is very satisfying to paint. And 'yes', the colour red does seem to be the flavour of the month, since also in the painting queue/almost finished are scarlett-coated French Household cavalry, and red-coated French Gardes Suisses! Not to mention a hefty backlog of British infantry....

Inspirational indeed, sincere compliments on them, like you am doing loads of red painting on the British infantry , will take a break and change to white paint for WSS Spanish infantry in metal
again well done, stay safe
cheers Old John

Thank you old John.

Re: the Spanish in metal, are these the very good looking Minairons figures? They look compatible with the Strelets French infantry figures?

my pleasure, the Spanish WSS figures i'm doing are Hagen Miniatures from Germany, infantry , cavalry & Dragoons,also doing some Polish Panceneri 1683 also from Hagen, the Minairons are Miquelets in the do pile a little larger than Strelets but i'm no purist :grinning:, in my WSS/GNW /Ottoman armies have many makers plastic and metal, if they look ok fine by me
stay safe
cheers Old John

Thanks for sharing Mark. Excellent work! I'm sure you must have more WSS to share with us?!

Thank you Rich! Yes, painting the WoSS stash continues at a 'moderate' pace so I will hope to share more in due course.