Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Linear As Waterloo mini-sets are out

Thanks for that heads up.
Im still in 2 minds about them as price is a little steep for what is 4 plastic figures (3 perhaps if you count the Chasseur dragging the officer as one whole pose in the French set). The Victory set is still odd with those 2 poses clapping.....rather gentlemanly for the rank and file of the time!!!

But then i really like the highlander & Prussian in the victory set and think the British disaster set is also good. The pioneer has a few uses and obviously horse casualty figures are few and far between.

Probably leave the French one as that one just doesnt seem to inspire me much.
Think it would of been more appealing if it was a similar format to the British one, couple dead/wounded, a cavalryman and his horse either as walking wounded or dead so as to symbolise the carnage of Neys attacks against the squares.

Gents,

I'll let you know as I have just had my order completed and sent, including two of each of the Waterloo minis. I'm really looking forward to seeing them 'in the flesh'. I expect them to be excellent figures for markers, vignettes and some added variety and 'spice' in units. Not to mention a few tweaks to convert them into a range of interesting poses that I have not yet even considered.

I have just had a look at their website, expecting no change, but seeing that there is more progress.
- The other mini sets have all jumped a stage.
- There are some additional figures for the Pyrrhic Italian allies that look magnificent. Such beautiful armour and detail with great poses.
- I am pleased that they have lengthened the sarissa for the Pyrrhic phalangites (which may have been posted before and I have only just noticed?).
- I see too that the Napoleonic surprise set is back listed as Prussian Landwehr Cavalry and up to stage 2. I hope that these will progress steadily. They will be a really useful set and should generate high demand.

If I may be so bold to you Strelets, I'll repeat my suggestion and up it to a request. It would be wonderful if you could provide a similar indication of the stage of progress with your many coming delights.

Regards,

James

Im looking forward to seeing the Landwehr Cavalry. So many of them in the Prussian army that im surprised nobody took on the task before. I was thinking of trying convert some of Hats French WW1 cavalry into them, but want wait and see what these look like 1st. Got enough units I need to try convert already!!!

Yes I too think it would be a great idea to have a status bar type thing put with the new sets on the listing/catalogue pages. Helps customers plan out their projects and of course budget for them.

Linear-A are certainly bringing out some excellent figures. Their Ancient sets with a 'conventional' number of figures per box are very good IMHO, and I might well be tempted by the new Samnite set, ditto the Celt Salassi set.

Almost all the figures I buy are for 'wargames style' units, so clapping Prussians* and axe-wielding farriers with dying horses are of limited use to me; but nonetheless interesting as a contribution to the ever-growing range of 1/72 figures out there.

(* PS: I'm pretty sure that, had I been loading and firing a musket all day, coupled with a bit of crawling around and perhaps some 'hand to hand' combat, the last thing I'd want to be doing with my poor, sore hands is 'clapping'....I'd be saving them to ensure a good firm grip on the Gin canteen or beer tankard!)

I like the look of the Highlander in the British victory set, I think I can see a use for him. The Prussian could perhaps convert to a figure clambering over some sort of obstacle which would be cool. The clapping guys would easily convert to loaders but I don't think I have a desperate need for two extra loaders; perhaps they could just be applauding the arrival of the gin wagon. The pioneer is very nice, but so are the ones Strelets produced recently.

As for the price of the mini sets it depends on how I view them. I complain about the price of Zvezda's AOT French Dragoons because $44 for a standard 12 man cavalry set is just excessive. But, on the other hand, I have sometimes bought a set of figures just to get one figure and the price I pay doesn't worry me because I really want that figure for a specific purpose.

Looking good. Especially the Samnites.

Still hoping one day to see Neo-Babylonians appear in the list...