Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
best flesh wash?

For Caucasian skin.

Citadel, Vallejo or Army Painter?

I have started my Pyrrhic Greek army & as you can imagine, lots of exposed skin on those ancient nudists, the Greeks.

I currently use Reikland Fleshshade but I'm wondering if there's a better product.

donald

Re: best flesh wash?

I have used the Citadel one for years, but have been playing with not using it on some figures and using several different shades of Flesh paint to get shading, with mixed results.

IMHO....used by years
Base Vallejo's 929 light brown
Wash Vallejo's 941 burnt umber mixed with water 50% more or less as you like or you demand....
Lights Vallejo's 955 flesh
Highlights Vallejo's 955+ white 951
50/50
I do not like washes, but no problem if you like them army painter's are very good
Sorry about my bad English

Sorry
Army painter's are very good ones!
Better said I think....

Donald, Try Citadel's Guilliman Flesh over a white or light cream basecoat. It's their Contrast Paint version of Reikland which I find is like using stronger wash. I think it gives a crisper, sharper look than Reikland does for 1/72 figures. Having said that, for tanned Greeks I would be more inclined to try Reikland over light cream (e.g. Flayed One Flesh)...

I use a brown India ink wash watered down to achieve the desired effect for flesh when I need a wash. It's a matter of taste; for me, less is more.

Thanks

I'll drop by the LHS & pick up some supplies this week & give a couple of your suggestions a try.

donald