Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PSR review of British Cavalry (WoSS) Set 238

Steve Pickstock

Sorry about the length of this, and thank you for reading so far, I hope this sheds some light on the various terms being thrown around.
Thank you, Steve, for this really useful review of the development of cavalry in the C17th. The insight into the training of cuirassier horses related to the Spanish Riding School is something I was not previously aware of.

I was also not aware that Waterloo1815 had used French Napoleonic cuirasses in modelling the Cromwell's set!. It makes these figures even less good, although I will still use some of them, mixed in with many more of the much better Revell Swedish cavalry...with a judicious paint job and without drawing too much 'attention' to the 'Cromwell's figures they will just about pass muster.

Re: PSR review of British Cavalry (WoSS) Set 238

I'm not sure even judicious trimming would make figures from this end of the 17thC do for figures from the 30YW and ECW.

The main problem is that coats at the time of WSS were fundamentally different - bigger cuffs (much bigger cuffs) and the overall length of the coat itself. Much longer than the earlier coats.

Of course if anyone wants to do this, hey they're your figures, but I would rather this sculptor turn their skills and talents to a dedicated 30YWM/ECW range and turn out what I feel would be the definitive range in 1/72