Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French infantry Summer on the March?

If they can make some Napoleonic 1812-1815 French Foot Artillery in the same quality of that recent WSS artillery set, I would be overjoyed.

Wouldnt say no to French 1812-1815 summer dress in some sort of battlefield march/advance/attack either!!

Can think of loads more but the French Foot Artillery circa 1812-1815 is definately a priority id say.

The widest choice of figures in our scales in terms of numbers of sets made representing them are WW2 Germans and Napoleonic French.....just saying :innocent:

Alan most of the Napoleonic French troops released are elites. The numbers game does not tally.

Yes Alan your right, there are many sets of French Infantry out there........

....and many of them are rather poor attempts, in my opinion.

There is an opportunity to do THE defining set or sets of French Infantry for 1812-1815 with the centre and flank companys all represented.
Marching yes, but also in advance/attack and hopefully even firing.

Strelets do that then many of those existing sets you mention will be surplus to requirements.

Unless (for example), people like rather chubby chaps with no chins?

Yes, but please, please let them be true fusiliers, wearing one crossbelt with bayonet scabbard and cartridgecase and not some hybrid between fusiliers and elites.I wouldn't say no to artillery of the day or cavalry either.

Thomas
Yes, but please, please let them be true fusiliers, wearing one crossbelt with bayonet scabbard and cartridgecase and not some hybrid between fusiliers and elites.I wouldn\'t say no to artillery of the day or cavalry either.
Yes! But please for 1809-1812.

Mr Schmitt
Thomas
Yes, but please, please let them be true fusiliers, wearing one crossbelt with bayonet scabbard and cartridgecase and not some hybrid between fusiliers and elites.I wouldn\\\'t say no to artillery of the day or cavalry either.
Yes! But please for 1809-1812.
I'd say sets for both pre 1812 and post 1812. For me 1812-1815 French Infantry have suffered the worst for poor sets.

I must say that I indeed had pre-1812 in mind. Don't we have enough "Battle of Waterloo" stuff yet?

Its not just Waterloo, what about Leipzig for example?

And no we dont have enough good, properly done French Infantry for post 1812.

But if you are going to be like that, I think that pre 1812 French have been covered pretty well too, by sets for example like:
Emhar's Peninsular French.

Hat's big box 1808-1812 French Infantry & extra set of Grenadiers.

Zvezda's excellent set of pre 1812 voltigeurs.

Hat's 1808-1812 Light Infantry MAC sets of Chasseurs, accompanying sets of Carabiniers and voltigeurs (wearing colpack).

Strelets recent French Infantry also hints towards pre 1812.

Whats wrong with doing both eras?
Just because there is already something out there doesnt mean it cant be improved upon.