Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question for Strelets

Still hoping on some ww2 desert Italians and some more ww1 sets

Battle of Omdurman

I hope someday you'll continue your Boer War Range and add to it the Battle of Omdurman figures. You already have the British Artillery, and British Lancers, and some British Infantrymen. Some additional sets for Omdurman could be:

British Firing Lines with neck curtains on helmets, both nealing and standing
British Officers set including Kitchener

Sudenease in Anglo-Egyptian service
Egyptian in white uniforms with fez

Mahdists - Dervish wearing jibbah
Fuzzy-wuzzies riding camels
Dervish on horseback

These are a few that comes to mind. Strelets has done such a great job of producing so many RIF War and WWI Arab sets, they would surely do an outstanding job of Mahdist Wars opponents to continue on with the outstanding Boer War sets.

I'm hoping that Strelets might revisit some of their Crimean War sets and bring them up to the same high standard as they did with the excellent new Boer War figures.

Russian infantry in standing poses like the recent Napoleonic sets would be reasonably quick to produce.......

stuart
I'm hoping that Strelets might revisit some of their Crimean War sets and bring them up to the same high standard as they did with the excellent new Boer War figures.

Russian infantry in standing poses like the recent Napoleonic sets would be reasonably quick to produce.......
I'd support this, Stuart. I could do with some decent Russian infantry to round off my Strelets Crimean armies, and a good set of standing infantry in either greatcoats or 'summer' uniform and assorted headgear would be very good.

Strelets did say a while ago that they have no intention to 'return to the Crimea' anytime soon. But surely there is a case for just one set of Russian soldiers in this case, and one that would sell well too. It is the biggest gap in the otherwise very good range of Crimean sets that Strelets have made.

Hi
I’m having a hard time finding Strelets product in Canada? I have searched but have found limited sets. Where would you guys recommend for shopping?
Cheers
David

Hi David,

I'm in Ontario. I get them from two suppliers - Hannants in the UK, and Scott's Model Workshop (user rebelalpha on ebay) in the USA. Trustworthy, reliable, reasonable shipping costs, but allow up to 3-4 weeks for delivery.

Cool thank you. I’m in Ottawa, we have some amazing shops here but it’s getting hard to find 1/72 figures. I’m getting tired of going to the US for supplies.
Stay safe
David