Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PSR review Prussian uhlans

Hi

Look forward to seeing them in the plastic

I converted some British Airfix Hussars back in the day to make up the other contingent in the 7th Uhlans. So this will complete the job. A most colourful unit.

I thought there could be conversion potential re the 1813 Prussian National Cavalry Regiments, who also had the braided jackets and lances?

Cheers

Really bad fitting of 7th Prussian uhlans

Itˋs a pity that no one mentiones the really bad fitting of the riders to their horses. Those horses were done the same for all the prussian sets. Dragoons, hussars and regular uhlans fit well to the horse poses. I have tried all 12 figures to each and every horse position in this set and none of them stays in the saddle. Had to do a lot of plastic carving on this set. The legs are much to close together or the saddle much to wide. And even the opening between the portmanteau and the noun is much to narrow for many poses! So no rider will stay in the saddle, they all move upwards after releasing the fingers from the figure. The sculptor did a really bad job on this!