Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: US anti-tank guns

Alan Buckingham
Thanks guys, yes more on the way, and while we are locked down probably a steady stream of them to follow. The paints Vallejo, 988,873 and 893 were used for the uniform, the helmets 887 and 886 the webbing. The Africa Korp set has the right feel, and is probably the best set in 1/72 since the classic Airfix set, Strelets should do more of them.
Thanks for the Vallejo paint references.

Yes, more DAK, I agree. If they are in the style and quality of the Mortars set, then they are sure winners. There is probably enough infantry out there in 1/72, but combat engineers, artillery crews and panzer/transport crews, plus seated infantry for vehicles, would be excellent.

Alan
May I add my congratulations on your latest post they look splendid you must have been painting like a demon.
Largely due to your enthusiastic reccomendation I finally succumbed to the WWII lure when on a foray into Halifax (stocking up before jankers) So it's now LRDG at work and play. Briefly on that note, I seem to remember some correspondence about uniform dress out in the desert. My late father in law, who was not only at Dunkirk but was subsequently sent out with the eighth army to confront the desert fox. Stated that it was every soldiers responsibility to not get sunburned and if they did dependant on severity it could result in being put on a charge. I can only think therefore that formal uniform attire became secondary to comfort and safety.

You still get on a charge today in the military for sunburn, it`s preventable,so your responsibility. But indeed comfort first, smart on parade, but in the desert each to his own.

Minuteman
Alan Buckingham
Thanks guys, yes more on the way, and while we are locked down probably a steady stream of them to follow. The paints Vallejo, 988,873 and 893 were used for the uniform, the helmets 887 and 886 the webbing. The Africa Korp set has the right feel, and is probably the best set in 1/72 since the classic Airfix set, Strelets should do more of them.
Thanks for the Vallejo paint references.

Yes, more DAK, I agree. If they are in the style and quality of the Mortars set, then they are sure winners. There is probably enough infantry out there in 1/72, but combat engineers, artillery crews and panzer/transport crews, plus seated infantry for vehicles, would be excellent.

I am not into the excessive number of Waffen SS and Panzer grenadiers that are being churned out by the bucketful but would certainly consider buying many of the selection that you suggest. Combat engineers /sappers (and not just WW2!) are an area that has been generally ignored and the ancient Revell set has long disappeared.