Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Brunswick Cannon

Sounds good! I'm sure that your Brunswick artillery will look fine with the Newline figures: they look good I agree, and for a stand-alone gun crew ie: not shoulder to shoulder with much taller figures, will be fine.

The Prussian Dark Blue from Vallejo is a good colour which I use quite a lot. I think the sea blue might be a bit too 'green'?

I used the French guns for the Dutch-Belgian artillery, from ACTA. Painted grey with black ironwork. Think the Brunswickers will borrow it if not in use!
For Brunswick Horse Artillery, I used British Rocket Artillery bodies, with Brunswick Leib HorseHair plume heads. The pose with a rocket being carried horizontally lends itself to a man carrying a rammer.

JonL
I used the French guns for the Dutch-Belgian artillery, from ACTA. Painted grey with black ironwork. Think the Brunswickers will borrow it if not in use!
For Brunswick Horse Artillery, I used British Rocket Artillery bodies, with Brunswick Leib HorseHair plume heads. The pose with a rocket being carried horizontally lends itself to a man carrying a rammer.
Do you mean the set of artillery made by Waterloo 1815? If so, this assumes British-design single trail carriages, which appears not to be what the Brunswickers (or. for that matter, the Dutch or Belgians) had in 1815. There is some helpful commentary here: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=326

Sorry yes and no!

Yes, you are quite correct, I mean Waterloo 1815 Dutch-Belgian figures.

I gifted them French double-trail guns, painted as described above.