Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday Mail

Dear Strelets,

More lovely Russians! Looks like we are in for another excellent set with varied and interesting poses.

Thank you so much.

A grand weekend to youse all, from the antipodes,

Regards, James

Great looking figures thanks for showing them so early Mr Strelets.:yum:

Nice, but not very deserty.....

Alan Buckingham
Nice, but not very deserty.....
And no Camels!

But wonderful to hear the skirl o' the pipes in that video clip

Great looking figures, and pleasingly great-coated (so not deserty...although I do know that it gets cold in the desert at night).

The character in these figures is marvellous: two different musketeers, one 'old and grumpy', the other (an NCO?, from the position of his musket on the right shoulder) leaner and 'less grumpy'. The officers are also excellent.

Have a good weekend :grinning:

PS: Nice musical festivities, and always good to hear the bagpipes. I imagine that this is the sort of celebration that regularly occurs at Strelets Headquarters?!!

Assuming it is one set(can't wait to get my hands on it) I would say the shako of the officer seems to suggest another grenadier set. But, some knifework can turn them into musketeers as well.

Dear Strelets Team,
before returning to the characteristically never-ending wish lists, it seems a good opportunity to explicitly thank you for providing these (and so many other) marvellous figures.

Thanks to your outstanding work the possibilities of adequately depicting the extremely important battles of the decisive 1812-15 campaigns improved dramatically.

Thank you very much for this and please keep up your great work! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

I wholeheartedly agree with PtG. Thank you Strelets!

Hello,
these masters of Russian grenadiers are again wonderful.
I gues you people at Streletz know, but progression in sculpting is now at a limit. When I look at the injected moulded figures of available sets, some of the fine detail is not impressed any longer. See for example the tiny holes on the leather straps.
So at some stage improvement can only come by improving the mould making and moulding process. No idea whether this is commercially viable, but, of course, we all would like to see our figures just like your masters when we admire them through the magnifying glass. :)
Have a nice day
Michael