Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New box covers: Bavarians and Afrika Korps Mortars

Thank you Strelets for continuing to provide regular updates on forthcoming sets.

I have a request in relation to these latest box covers, the illustrations of which are sometimes not representative of the box contents. The two new sets seem to represent this problem:

The 'Bavarians on the March' set shows in the foreground a mounted officer wearing a rather natty cocked hat; to my eyes there is something very 'Spanish' about this chap. I do not remember seeing a mounted officer amongst the masters that we have seen for this set...so is there a surprise mounted officer that we have not seen? If so, I am pretty sure that his (Bavarian) cocked hat will need to be larger, more 'Austrian' in style.

The 'Afrika Korps Mortar Squad' appears to show a smaller mortar than the 8cm weapon which I think is the mortar included in this set. The smaller mortar in the box images is not the early war German 5cm Granatwerfer 36 weapon, and I'm not in fact sure which weapon the image represents. It does in fact look rather like the US M2 60mm weapon, but it surely cannot be that? !!

A tripod-mounted set of 'donkey's ears' binoculars is also shown on the box front but, useful though such a figure would be in this set, I don't think such an observer is included?

Re: New box covers: Bavarians and Afrika Korps Mortars

...and the Africa Korp guys are not the least bit Africa Korps looking....

Re: New box covers: Bavarians and Afrika Korps Mortars: Request for future boxes

Just to clarify my request:

Dear Strelets, I know that you are doing great job in bringing out so many fine sets in such a short time period. Thank you for this.

However, please give some consideration to the box covers of these sets, to ensure that these are not misleading to your customers, some of whom may not have seen the original master figures shown in this Forum and/or are unaware that the figures are reviewed on PSR.

If it is not possible to provide an accurate image on the front of the box, please have photographs of the box contents/master figures that the box contains on the back (as some other manufacturers do).

Much appreciated.

Re: New box covers: Bavarians and Afrika Korps Mortars: Request for future boxes

Please ignore the last bit of the request...I've noticed that you are now doing this!