Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: All the King's uhlans

Yes, a great set and versatile, too. I'll have to dig out my references but I thin I can make them work for a number of purposes.

Very nice figures and I look forward to getting some. They will paint up really nice.

However I see the horses are the same as the other Prussian cavalry sets. Thats disappointing as they are not the best and do not match up to the quality of the actual men.

So yes men themselves are excellent and I will still buy a couple of boxes but wish the horses had been better.

The violinist and barrel organ player are very nice.

I agree that the Uhlans themselves are fine sculpts, but that the horses are quite a disappointment.
The civilian musicians are wonderful.

Whilst I might buy one, possibly two boxes of this set, I would definitely buy 8 or 10 boxes of a generic uhlan set in campaign dress ie: litewka and shako with cover. This set would be useable for both line uhlans and landwehr cavalry.

I remain intrigued therefore by some of the production decisions here. Why model a specific unit (7th Uhlans) when a generic unit would sell more boxes more quickly, probably? It's the same point that I have expressed before in relation of the WoSS range ie: why Grenadiers a Cheval of the Maison du Roi (a single unit of 150 men) but not a French Line cavalry or line dragoon set???

It is an odd choice of sets but as to generic uhlans don't Srelets already do an uhlan set?
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=2751

Philip Ball
It is an odd choice of sets but as to generic uhlans don't Srelets already do an uhlan set?
Yes, you are right and to be fair the Uhlans already released is a generic set. Uhlans wearing campaign dress would be even more useful however.

It's a shame also that inaccuracy of the large infantry colour has made it into the hands of the 'standard bearer' again in this new 7th Uhlans set; although it is relatively easily to cut this away and replace with a lance from wire or plastic broom bristle, so the figure is not wasted.

Philip Ball
Arent those ones ment to be the 6th (Lutzow) Uhlans?
Might try swapping some heads from the 7th for the Bremen Squadron of the 6th.

Just a quick question on these if they are surpose to be the 7th, then why on the box art do they have the number 6 on there cartridge box??

Good point! I didnt notice before. The uniform is definately that of the 1st & 2nd squadrons of the 7th so the number on the cartridge box is a mistake id say.