Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Santa is on his way......

Will be interesting to see what Ultracast 20mm figures look like. PSC make a distinction on their website between their new 20mm stuff and the existing 1/72 figures. It would be strange if the two ranges were not compatible with each other, but let's see.

Yes,I am waiting for the PSR treatment before committing to buy having had disappointments in the past with scale creep or shrink !

Most of the comments on the PSC website about the German SS set were not good Most people thought the figures looked child like & the price is £20 for around forty figures.
I would rather PSC concentrated on AFV's its what they do best in my opinion.:nerd_face:

Steve H
Most of the comments on the PSC website about the German SS set were not good Most people thought the figures looked child like & the price is £20 for around forty figures.
I would rather PSC concentrated on AFV's its what they do best in my opinion.:nerd_face:
Yes, having just had a peep at the PSR preview photos of the Waffen SS set it is immediately obvious that (a) they are suffering from the 'big head/helmet' syndrome that plagues many of the 20mm metal manufacturer sculpts; and (b) they are 'true' 20mm, but short for 1/72. At 22.5mm these do not measure up as elite, tall SS Panzergrenadiers, more like Hitler Youth. These new figures are at least compatible with the Valiant 20mm Germans, but I for one do not like this style of sculpting, and I won't be buying this PSR set.

If the 8th Army set is sculpted with a view to better anatomy, the height issue may not in fact be an 'issue' however. British troops were often on the 'short side' and if the sculpts are good then these might well mingle in with the existing 8th Army sets. For my part, they will need to be compatible with the excellent Airfix set (well, with the proviso that that set would have been excellent had Airfix armed the sten gunner with a Lee Enfield; and provided a good prone Bren gunner and loader.....).

Again, a case of wait and see.

The big head thing is a curse,it is done because many like it ???? , but just looked on PSR 22.5 is 1mm below perfect, but not a deal breaker, the fighting poses are not dynamic , the moving poses look ok , what has me worried is if the 8th army is hot on its heels there can be no time to learn and rectify these issues with that set, I still await the psr review.

There is also a DAK set that must be somewhere nearing completion because that was the first figures to be shown at the start of this year.

I think those DAK figures we saw earlier come/are from the upcoming mortar squad set, and there's a couple more in the SAS Ambush set

Baratheon
I think those DAK figures we saw earlier come/are from the upcoming mortar squad set, and there's a couple more in the SAS Ambush set
these one`s are PSC not Strelets.

They did some metal DAK sets a year or so back. I quite liked them and I wonder whether the sculptor is the same as for the Ultracast.

No

Haron, are you still planning on making an LRDG set ? and great news about a winter dress British tank crew,thank you.

Yes.
Next year

Wonderful news, thanks again Haron.

i made a comment on a forum about the eighth army figs the waffen ss psc designer was doing for psc months ago. Basically he had the wrong rifles hopefully thats been rectified.Agee with the comments on the human head problem with metal figures designers!

I wonder if they will include a 2" mortar?