Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WW2 Greeks

It doesn't say in what scale they are, and besides, they are in a bad sculpting quality.

They are producing 20 mm-miniatures which you can read on their homepage. Their scale are in-between 1/72 and 1/76 (with a tendency to 1/76).

I have bought already some of their figures which were always well-sculpted and affordable. I don´t have bought their greeks, so I can´t give any information about their quality. I agree with you that the photos of the greeks aren´t well done.

If you don´t like them, it´s absolutly ok - but there are existing WW2 greeks ...

Never heard about this company before. Interesting to see that they also have Ethiopians, which I thought are absence from the miniatures range as the Greeks.
Thank you.
But I still hope that Strelets, now in their "golden age", will produce WW2 Greeks.

They also include Dan Taylor Modelworks which are excellent figures some of the others are crude. I don't think the Greek ones are their best. If you put them next to AB/Fighting 15s or Under Fire figures they don't look good. Really it all depends on what you want from a model. At a £1 per figure I want something special. The Abyssinians look like Ansar.
I can see the logic of developing a range quickly and inclusively for gamers. Most plastic 1/72nd scale figure ranges have a wait of 20/30yrs before the opposition comes along. Then they are in 1/72nd XXL.

/

Yes, their quality is indeed different. I have bought mostly their Arabs, Turks, English of WW1 - and these figures are wonderful done and a good extension for the future Arabs and Turks of Strelets.
Their infantry-soldiers are mostly much cheaper than GBP 1,00 - single mostly between 0,60 to 0,75, the riders with horses between 1,40 to 1,80.

I would like to see Greek soldiers in 1/72nd plastic as they fought very bravely. It would also be nice to see partisans as well who had a very distinctive look.

yes,
Greek partisans and don't forget Tito's Yugoslav partisans!!!

Another vote for WW2 Greeks.

About EWM http://earlywarminiatures.com/about/:

I have seen the Greek figures and indeed they are not their best ones (however they provide infantry support weapons). EWM started many years ago as "Tom's Tins". Some figures / kits date from those days, with Tom Lobley still adding - usually excellent - figures. His range is distributed by EWM now, as is the former Skytrex range, plus figures and kits form other sculptors. That's why the range includes different quality levels.

Size-wise, I found some figures go perfectly well with 22mm Airfix, and I believe they were produced back then to add variety to those. Other EWM figures like the WW2 Indians are a perfect match to HäT's 23,5mm WW1 Indians.