Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 7yw set New ?

Stephen if I may ask, are the ACTA ECW and 30YW sets the only decent sets for this period currently available? Do you use any metal ranges or perhaps sit on a hugh stock of Revell figures?

Also what's the name of the book by Haythorntwaite? He seems to have covered ECW but not 30YW?

Haythornthwaite's book is ECW - but I have no hesitation in reccommending Eduard Wagner's European Weapons and Warfare 1618-1648. It is available on Amazon - or it was a few months ago.

As for figures I tend to stick to plastic - simply because I prefer the proportions to metal figures. Show me a metal figure that is as finely moudled as an ACTA, a Revell or Zvezda and I would probably be interested. It's a bit of reverse snobbery on my part, I suppose, but I just prefer plastic figures.

As for sitting on a huge stock - well it's funny you should say that. I went looking for my figures and came up short. Looked everywhere, until a friend told me I had loaned him some cavalry, which he then returned. Sadly I don't have a massive reserve stock. I wish I did.

Steve, I may have some TYW figures left over once I've finished upgrading my old Revell army. Is there anything you particularly need?

Will

Yes sir - any you have going spare (I've just bought The Pikeman's Lament)

When is Gauntlet? I can call in and pick them up there.

Oooooh guess I missed Gauntlet!