Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Revell German Armored Infantry?

These figures were designed by Preiser, a leading manufacturer of figures in nearly every scale, mostly for model trains. Preiser also offers many sets of German soldiers in 1/72 – but not the ones from the Revell box. Maybe there are modelers who especially want them, because they match the other 1/72 Preiser Germans?

Its not a difficult set to find and it seems to be in every hobby shop at a decent or at least standard price. Airfix second edition Germans are twenty years older and they still sells.

What I like are the Airfix first edition Germans. I wonder if the molds still exist? Their smaller size, lack of detail and oversized helmets had a certain charm.

As far as the Hollywood German set goes, I think that ESCI's is the best. Oddly I never got it in Grey

It's always down to personal opinion but I don't really like them.

I bought a box years ago & though I really liked the poses, the excess plastic & rather fuzzy moulding did not please.

I painted 4 & the rest languish in the Bits Box.

donald

Bert, where are you, I've got a set that's going on the B&B at the Phalanx show in the UK tomorrow.