The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Silverstone and Oulton

Reminder to put in your entries for Silverstone asap, we have several of the garages allocated to us. Michelle is planning to organise catering for this meeting and I am sure she will be in touch soon.

Anyone entering the following Oulton round, will have hopefully noticed the incorrect entry fee. The BARC are correcting this.

Re: Silverstone and Oulton

Entry is in, time off booked, knee operation postponed until July 11th

Entry for Silverstone in, but I think there must have been some kind of cock-up at BARC, as for my £500 entry fee, I only appear to have received 3 entry tickets.

I also have three. A bit tight really, certainly not as generous as MSV or 750mc who also charge less

Sunroof
Entry for Silverstone in, but I think there must have been some kind of cock-up at BARC, as for my £500 entry fee, I only appear to have received 3 entry tickets.

Spoke to David Wheadon at BARC about this and apparently that's all Silverstone Circuits provide per competitor Ian,bit ridiculous really

I also received only 3 and thought it was a mistake, but having been in touch with several of you and seen the posts, then this is getting crazy! I will certainly take this up with the BARC.

...suggest if I may that you take it up with Silverstone (as well) ...

I don't understand why BARC don't demand as part of the contract that at least 5 tickets per competitor are provided... I seem to remember days when we got more than 5 ...

Everytime I have ever raced silverstone no matter with what series only ever seem to get 3 tickets . I guess it's because no paying punters really come anymore so they want to charge as many people that come with the competitors as possible. Perhaps if they bothered to advertise the club level events and what a value day out it can be then it might be a different story.

If were only getting 3 passes for what are the biggest entry fees for the 2 Silverstones then maybe we should avoid going there and replace them with say Donnington and Rockingham in the future

John Lambert
If were only getting 3 passes for what are the biggest entry fees for the 2 Silverstones then maybe we should avoid going there and replace them with say Donnington and Rockingham in the future

Or have all of them like last year would of been great. I think its a silverstone policy as i have raced at Bentley drivers club and only get 3 tickets. Silverstone gp is still one of the best circuits in the uk and wouldn't wanr to discount it.

...Silverstone GP is a good track and undoubtedly better with CSP1 power (limited as it is at 200bhp ...) but ultimately Croft is a better Clubmans race track regardless of bhp. We always get good grids for Silverstone but rarely does it bring close races whereas the nature of Croft assists with that while also really suiting the handling of our cars in a way that Silverstone (any of them) doesn't really. We also always get a fabulous welcome at Croft as we are one of the fastest series to visit and we do bring a crowd of sorts with people even coming trans-Pennines to watch US . (all these views are merely IMO of course)...

But I am right there with all who are saying Silverstone isn't at all value at the fee paid this year and policy or not, 3 tickets is 'taking the piss'. It is actually offensive and shows their attitude towards Club motorsport - happy to take the rent money but couldn't really give a stuff about the competitors because of course they have sold it to BARC for the w/e and so they (Silverstone) don't actually need to please us in any way whatsoever and as Silverstone keep the gate but have rented out the venue they don't care about the gate, recruiting security staff costs more than the likely gate revenue and that is why they do not advertise such events either. In fact, you wonder what exactly it is about motor sport that they actually like ... Given that they cannot make money out of the wretched GP, you'd think they might actually start to give a damn ... They did when James Beckett and his 'ilk' were there ...

Damn, I'm old!!

See you at w/e - I was going to ask if anybody had a spare couple of tickets ....

(PS~: As your CSP2 rep' I will try to establish why BRSCC can charge £400 for the same venue and let Chairman know ....BARC have been good to us but when the difference over the season equates to at least a set of Hankooks ....).

Hopefully a few of us will be able to save our tickets by getting in on Thursday...and smiling nicely to the gateman...

Of course this only works if you are staying on circuit all weekend. And we have the Bootes that are not.

However, if we can pool together our 'spare tickets', I will do my best to share them out fairly. Come see me if you have any left. Thanks.

Chin up folks, it's the bloody GP track, and it's awesome. Not exactly excited by my other half potentially beating my track record though....I'll be the one doing the rain dance.

We have however, sent an email to IW at BARC explaining our 'unhappiness' with ticket situation and entry prices, and we will discuss with him and Silverstone over the weekend.
We agree that it is important to investigate comparative like for like alternative organising clubs. Whilst we may be paying a little over the odds, our timetables have been excellent so far this year, unlike the poor Classics/HSCC lot, who more often than not find themselves bookending the day. BARC are also in the process of launching BARC.tv, and are working hard to increase social media and online presence. We need to be careful not to get too sucked into believing it's 'greener on the other side'...but for sure do the objective research.

Michelle
We have however, sent an email to IW at BARC explaining our 'unhappiness' with ticket situation and entry prices, and we will discuss with him and Silverstone over the weekend.
We agree that it is important to investigate comparative like for like alternative organising clubs. Whilst we may be paying a little over the odds, our timetables have been excellent so far this year, unlike the poor Classics/HSCC lot, who more often than not find themselves bookending the day. BARC are also in the process of launching BARC.tv, and are working hard to increase social media and online presence. We need to be careful not to get too sucked into believing it's 'greener on the other side'...but for sure do the objective research.

Totally agree about the timetables Michelle and as you say your looking into the comparative like for like so we cant ask for you to do more ,on the whole we are treated well by BARC and if questions raised can be answered all the better.
Rain Dance you just watch that knee ,see you Friday evening

...indeed, agree with JL and MH. BARC are very good to us as a whole and have been over many years esp re garages and timetables etc; that is why I did argue with certain others over what benefit in that regard Classic would get at HSCC except the bare presence at historic events... However the question has to be asked what of direct benefit we are getting that other Clubs don't give when we are charged more like for like ... or more directly: why are they more expensive?...

Hmmm, first of all i think it's a shame i can't join you on track! Yes 3 tickets would have been fine for me but last time (2015) i didn't even get any tickets and had to get them when arrived on track, wasn't happy with that!
Compared with our DNRT races BARC fee isn't into cLUB racing anymore, we pay 250 euro for mostly 1 day events with 1 quali and 3 races.
Entrance to the paddock is free!!! DNRT are smart, they don't ask entrance to the track but ask 6 euro for a parking place near the track and we all know that's cheap!!

Over all i have been happy with the service from BARC but as we all no it's all about the money

Have a nice weekend!