The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Croft R1 and 2

Well the season gets under way and with a reasonable level of expectation -although the field is a bit depleted by notable absences- we find Jonty in the Beagle at the head of the field for CSP1 similar to last year this time when he and Phil Weaver and Alex C were separated by inches for most of a race and although classed as CSP1 James Clarke in the Catchpole S1600 car is now snapping a his heels with a quali time not so far adrift of the Class lap record held by that very car in the capable hands of the late lamented Justin Foley.

Race reports to follow, but suffice to say for now that Jonty closely followed by James led the way home clear of the rest. Behind them a real mix as Mike Evans immediately returned to pace / form at the head of the CSP2 pack initially battling current Champion Peter R with returning Webb in close attendance and Rod Player in the mix. John Lambert clearly enjoyed himself, even finding a pie in his footwell!

However the Redditch Mafia suffered a sad start to the season with both Peter's car suffering reported front end damage in R1 and in R2 Barry apparently ending in the wall at Clervaux having - according to TSL at least - been circulating with a 2 second or so cushion fore and aft ...

Clearly a good battle also in CSP3 with David B, Brian Hunter and John Drinkwater trading places.

Hopefully R3 will prove less problematic while throughout the field there were clearly good Clubmans type races taking place with Rod Player still showing form but now in his recently acquired GEM.

Major mention must of course go to the owns of this website, stalwart Clubmans driver Brian Jordan who got a VSP2 podium! Brilliant, well deserved and enjoy the moment!

Re: Croft R1 and 2

Mallock and Potato or Rage and Onion?

It would definitely be a Pork Pie but unfortunately I didn't take any with me this weekend as I had eaten them all before we set off and anyway there was cake on offer so get your finger out Morris,get back amongst us so your lovely girlfriend will bring even more cake

Another sponsor! Nescafé, Hollands Meat Pies and now Mr. Kipling!

Morris
Another sponsor! Nescafé, Hollands Meat Pies and now Mr. Kipling!

Well I wish they would either send lots of free samples or come up with some cash

Its not pie related or food related, but i tracked the race on live streaming as i wasn't able to attend. Can i ask what the conditions were like, the bottom of the TSL sheet says dry/cloudy?!must be more to it than that :-)

Hopefully see you all later in the year.

Dry/cloudy is a pretty good summary of conditions Sam!

Temperature was around 10 degC both days, wind was light generally from the north on Saturday and stronger and more from the SW on Sunday. Quite pleasant really especially as we were all snug in the pit garages thanks to the BARC.

The only thing missing was more competitors......

Thanks Pete. I was hoping to get down to this meeting and take advantage of the test day, but work got in the way and well...nothing much i could do about it.

Hopefully ill get to one of the next meetings.

Regards

Pembrey May 20/21......:-)

Maybe so, i need to fit the diff back in and a couple of other jobs, only issue is there's a monoposto meeting at brands the same weekend!