50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upcoming Croft race - Food on offer

Dear All,
Not long now before our first 2017 event at Croft. I hope the winter preparations have gone well, and you are feeling as excited as we are about the approaching season.

James Clarke promises to be a new threat to competitors in the CSP1 Championship class, in a car prepared by Dave Beecroft (also it’s James' birthday weekend ;-)). Alex Champkin and Gibson Motorsport will hopefully compete again this year, with cars that set a benchmark to us all in their high standard of engineering preparation and presentation. Cars that may challenge both the CSP1 and CSP2 classes.

The CSP2 Championship promises to be a fascinating battle of Champions this year, with the likes of Barry Webb contesting against our very own Chairman, Mike Evans, and the ever quick Clive Wood. Rodney player and many others are likely to be up there too fighting for the top positions.

We welcome many of our Classic competitors to the grid, Classic A cars to compete in CSP1, alongside the 2lt Proto cars, and the B Class/1300 cars will compete in their own CSP3 Class Championship. I am organising C1, C2, C3 stickers, which will be distributed to members when they arrive, fingers crossed in time for Croft.

In addition to the racing, we hope to relaunch some hospitality at the circuit for competitors / mechanics. Initially, this will consist of offering a bacon bap post-qualifying Saturday and first thing Sunday morning, and a hot meal (chilli and rice) between race 1 and race 2 on the Saturday. We have the garages, so the urn will be set up and coffee/tea making facilities, with biscuits etc available for free all day. There may even be cake!!

If you are intending to compete at Croft on the 29th, please can you drop me a short email to clubmansregistersecretary@gmail.com to say “yes please, likely 4 people) etc… so we can budget accordingly and buy/prepare sufficient quantities of food. Naturally if you are eating with us any small contributions £, will be gratefully received. The plan will then be to do a big BBQ bash for the Silverstone GP June event.

Looking forward to catching up with you all soon.

Kind regards,
Michelle

Michelle Hayward
Clubmans Register Secretary

Re: Upcoming Croft race - Food on offer

Best of luck to all of you racing Croft this weekend! I'm testing my mk27 next friday but by far not ready for a Clubmans meeting yet. The spare engine (1800 zetec) wil do the job friday and then the new engine (2000 zetec) wil take his place.
Hope to be ready to join for Silverstone in june and meet up again!

All the best,

Onno

Did I hear mention of Cake,luvvly jubbly,just lead me to the coffee and cake

Good luck to all hope you have a great weekend