50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CSP2 2017

Hello CSP2 competitors.

As I am now officially your sole rep' wef the AGM -Clive Wood having withdrawn - please contact me with all and any of your queries relating to Championship technical and sporting matters.

I can be contacted on jrchampkin@icloud.com, 01386 871788 and 07880 965001 but please note that I will not answer 'unknown' or number withheld calls so make sure your i/d is on when calling please!

At this time and as announced at the AGM, Mike Evans and I will be working together on transition to multiple engine builders / suppliers for the future while at event support** as paid for by the CSP2 competitors will continue this year to be provided by Paul Freeman Motor Services Limited. For those who are new to us, he has a blue Iveco 7.5T race truck and he supports/transports Peter Richings' car so you should be able to locate them in the paddock.

**Please do note that while Paul has always gone the extra mile to get competitors going by diagnostics (and more), that is really the limit of the nature of the contracted service that he is obligated to provide and therefore beyond that is a matter of commercial negotiation with him and your financial obligation to him and on a first-come first - served basis where you may have to accept that he is engaged in supporting Peter R in priority to your needs. In other words, you need a head gasket replacing or you bend valves then that is NOT covered by the club contracted service.

You also have the services of our new Technical Representative for all Classes, David Beecroft. He will have an artic' at events and potentially a Championship hospitality bus as well.

I hope you are all looking forward to a good year of racing and social 'joinder'.

Finally can I please implore you all to (a) read and be aware of the Regs (b) drive with respect and give racing room and don't 'park' on the apex of a corner or lift off when being closely followed (c) make use of your Driving Standards Officer Michelle (Mich' Missile) and (d) please only present cars that are clean and tidy and do not have rusty bolts evident! Elbow grease is free.

Re: CSP2 2017

An arctic.....doesn't sound very welcoming, better take the snow shoes to Croft then.....

Re: CSP2 2017

Thanks; I've about had it with predictive text features. now corrected.