The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Formula E

I am very fortunate to have started my racing career when all that matters was racing. Did not have seatbelts. One day a fellow competitor turned up in racing overalls (just the top) and thought he was a bit of a poser.
2 weeks ago I logged in to watch the GP. I found out I had logged into the Formula E championship I listened to the bizarre regulations. The main one being in the second half of the race depending on your popularity with the crowd, they would text in and give you a power boost. Nuvolari would not have approved.
It really does make me embarrassed to be part of this industry at times. Having said that a couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of driving a £60.000 rebuilt 265hp Mallock which Charlie has now delivered to France. Needless to say it created a great deal of interest from fellow competitors. I loved it even though I could not match Barry or Peter's times.

Re: Formula E

Richard, Nuvolari would have just plain not understood 'fANBOOST'. He preferred to win in an inferior car not get any artificial assistance......

We must be careful or we may start to sound like a pair of old farts....!!

Mallock Sports
I am very fortunate to have started my racing career when all that matters was racing. Did not have seatbelts. One day a fellow competitor turned up in racing overalls (just the top) and thought he was a bit of a poser.
2 weeks ago I logged in to watch the GP. I found out I had logged into the Formula E championship I listened to the bizarre regulations. The main one being in the second half of the race depending on your popularity with the crowd, they would text in and give you a power boost. Nuvolari would not have approved.
It really does make me embarrassed to be part of this industry at times. Having said that a couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of driving a £60.000 rebuilt 265hp Mallock which Charlie has now delivered to France. Needless to say it created a great deal of interest from fellow competitors. I loved it even though I could not match Barry or Peter's times.

Agree regarding the nonsense part, but it is really a development playground for manufacturers now isn't it which is why the latest joiners are being asked to pay €25,000 for the privilege...

Hell of a rebuild at £60,000 though Dick!! Well done for that one!

For 'development' read 'greenwash'........:-)

Maybe we should have fan given power loss that would slow Woody down!