The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NEW MSA REGS FOR 2017

Hi Pete

With regard to number of wheels, I imagine the FIA has legislated for the appearance here and there of the Tyrrell P34.....not to forget the Williams of course as that has appeared again in the last 18 months or so

Re: NEW MSA REGS FOR 2017

Pete (aka Sven)

For those sad enough to want to read all the rule changes they can be found here;

https://www.msauk.org/assets/rulechangesseptember2016.pdf

As someone who was sad enough, can I ask a few severely practical questions?

When the '60' flag goes out everyone has to drive at 60 kmh, and no overtaking is allowed. That is in spite of the cars not having a kph-o-meter. Is the idea that the leading car can set a speed somewhere in the vicinity of 60 and that is all right, or is there some mechanism to indicate to the leading car that the speed should be adjusted?

When a '60' incident is over, the green flag has to be deployed for a lap. If another incident occurs within that lap it seems that the flag for that incident has to be deployed alongside the green flag. (So you could get a red and a green, a yellow and a green, or a chequer and an green simultaneously; would everyone do the right thing?) Is that really the intention, or is there some get-out for that (admittedly relatively rare, unless you are in a Clio, when it will happen every race) circumstance?

Surely the green ought to be cancelled by a subsequent incident if one occurs?

The 'anti-sledging' regulation: any idea how that will be implemented? I can't see that being very popular, if they force people to deflate two tyres just before the race start. On the other hand if they just use a block under the car, surely people will object that this does not accurately represent what happens to their car when the tyres deflate (unless the sporting regs for the series say something more definitive).