The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mallock Mazda Rotary

Just spotted this for sale on RaceCarsDirect and thought I'd post the link here, just for interest.

Nothing to do with me, but I bet this is a serious weapon

https://www.racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/77657/mallock-twice-canadian-national-champion-mk17

Re: Mallock Mazda Rotary

Interesting ... My dad had one of the 17B cars and won a CASC Canadian championship but it certainly didn't have a Mazda in it. I know at the time a gent called Bill Lobben was putting rotary engines into Mallock chassis' over in Canada.

I think it's been discussed on here before, and even the idea of putting an RX8 rotary in a car for Proto. But I think the issue with the newer engines was that they were too wide for most Clubmans chassis.

That's not so Andy, I was well down the design route (for feasibility) with a twin rotor Mazda, no problem with space.
There is a problem with the rules though as they specify a 4 pistons up to 2 ltr.
There are issues with silencing them and also how the capacity is derived again in motorsport rules.

Thanks for the clarification.

Pity, it would have been interesting to see.

My hearing hasn't fully recovered from being at the 1991 Le Mans 24 hours......:-)