The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My 2016 racing season (or not!)

Just to let everyone know that,regretfully, I have had to withdraw my entry for Rockingham and will not be racing for the rest of the season. Essentially, my personal chassis (left ankle) has been attacked by arthritis(one of the joys of old age!). This is getting worse and requires the bones to be fused (welded) together - recovery time about 6 months. Also my right hip is not very good, so I have hardly got a leg to stand on! I can drive OK but normal paddock activity (walking, pushing cars about etc) is a problem, so I have decided to give up for this year, have the operation and (hopefully) be back for next year. I will miss the racing and friendliness in the paddock and hope the rest of you have a thoroughly enjoyable season - All the best - Ian

Re: My 2016 racing season (or not!)

Oh Ian, that is such a shame - we were looking forward to seeing you next weekend.
Hope the operation goes well and that you are back in good form next season.
Very best wishes, Pete

Sorry to hear about your healt issues Ian! Wish you a good recovery and hope to see you in good shape soon!

sad news, is that the first missed season since 1965??! we'll miss you both

you could always do the hospitality for us from a wheelchair!!!

Best wishes for speedy recovery.

Ian - So sorry you've had to step out of the car for a rebuild this season. Hope to see you back next year, fighting fit and lapping as quickly as ever in one of your IM machines. We'll miss you both in the paddock. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Good luck Nurse Di!

Ian, Hope the welding and other repair works go well, we will certainly miss you and you cars from the paddock. Hopefully you will be able to visit us as a spectator at a race later in the season.

I'm saddened that Ian, who competed in the Clubmans first official race in 1965, and has designed, and built his own cars, and has raced continuously since then in many of our Clubmans category, and truly is "Mr Clubmans" in every sense, should be sidelined by the cruelty of arthritis, rather than the lack of desire to continue. Shame on mother nature.

Jamie - In fact my record of continuous racing since 1965 is still intact - I did one race with Classics at Castle Combe in April so I will not quite have missed the whole season - it just seems like it! Perhaps we could have a wheel chair race later on? - Ian