The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dinner Dance Report

Our awards and Dinner Dance event was, as usual, great fun. The new venue (to us) of the Brandon Hall Hotel at Coventry was just about perfect, with a banqueting room set aside from the hotel, extremely helpful staff and an excellent chef to make our evening a memorable event for our 50th celebrations. To cap the occasion, the tables were decorated by Anne Jackson with an amazing display of flowers, feathers and helium balloons.

After dinner, our Championship headline sponsor, Phil Weaver of King Henry's Taverns, presented the championship awards. This was followed by the many non-championship trophies - presented by Ian Mitchell and George Duncan - both of whom started racing in Clubmans 50 years ago! Paul Gibson, our major sponsor, presented the Peter Coleby trophy, and the awards ceremony was concluded with the awarding of a new trophy - the Geoff Webb trophy for best Clubmans Birkett Team Manager, presented by Barry and Paul Webb. Photos and trophy winners to be published later in the week.

Following the awards ceremony, our very own professional singer, Caldwell-Smythe (aka Robbie Fox) started the dancing off, followed by Clubmans friend, Venus Loudon, singing some Adele. The DJ then took over until the early hours interspersed with the announcements of who'd won the 1965 quiz, a bulging table of tombola prizes, Richard Mallock's simple but fiendish ping-pong ball test of dexterity (won by a country mile by Deanna Everson), and the hugely popular videos of this year's racing from Colin Jackson.

The restaurant the following morning saw tired but happy Clubmans folk. Some of whom were stocking up on their energy levels before setting off for the annual "Hangover Walk", organised by Richard Mallock, and which visited some historical sights on the way, and naturally ended in a pub!

Some mobile phone random (not in order) taster photos of Saturday night and Sunday's walk, with thanks to Sam Hutchinson HERE

Re: Dinner Dance Report

CORRECTION.......in the same way that USA elections work, a recount by Richard Mallock of the Ping-Pong ball competition shows that the winner was Joy Richings. Sorry Deanna.

Glad to all went ent and a fun time was had . Are the video's from the Jackson brothers available to purchase ? If so would somebody please forward me details of how to purchase one

I will send you Colin's e-mail

You got a mention Martin at the evening by way of a "Thank you" for providing the 50th cake. By the way, I never got to meet your cake maker - shame on you for not introducing her to me. On second thoughts, perhaps you were right not to!

Glad you all had a great evening and will hopefully make next years and promise to behave and not turn it into a 70s Northern Clubmans Revival

John, you also need to improve your acrobatic skills!!

jamie
John, you also need to improve your acrobatic skills!!

Really am hoping that I don't get the chance to put them into practice again Jamie