The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Curborough sprint track day Saturday 11th July. Get your entries in pronto to be certain of a place

Several entries are in for our 50th anniversary Curborough Track Day at which you can run anyone in your car.

Details and entry form at http://www.marcusbicknell.co.uk/downloads/curborough_entry_form_11jul2015.doc

My advice would be to get your entry in this weekend and benefit from the extraordinarily low advance fee of £30.

Re: Curborough sprint track day Saturday 11th July. Get your entries in pronto to be certain of a pl

Note that Curborough folks have clarified the noise regs:]

"There is a noise limit of 108db(A). Race silencers OK but no car can be unsilenced."

This is fine for Clubmans cars which seldom exceed more then 105.

Curborough sprint track day Saturday 11th July. Bring any type of car

As there are places available Saturday week, 11th July, at Curborough, and as there is only one car on track at a time, we have decided you can bring any type of car. The precedent has already been set by a senior member opting to bring a powerful J***** road car and your humble servant the writer is under pressure to bring his F*** M****** 5.7 L**** *8. The event is therefore open to Clubmans' cars rather than Clubmans cars, the apostrophe indicating that the car simply has to belong to the Clubman.

Re: Curborough sprint track day Saturday 11th July. Volunteers please

If you are coming to the sprint would you please do an hour in a tabard and with a flag to help out with the staffing? I'll make up a rota and will give briefings on the hour every hour as needed. There will be someone handling the queue for going on to track and someone at sign-on to make sure those that have paid and signed the indemnity form have got their wristband on. No previous experience necessary. Thanks in advance.

Curborough sprint track day Saturday 11th July. Number of cars will be limited to 30.

Further entries are coming in for the track day at Curborough this Saturday. We have decided to limit the number of cars to 30 (but you can run as many drivers in your car as you like)so get your late entries in now... first come first served.

On the day, when there is a queue of cars to go on track, each participant will be limited to two laps at a time. You can choose to go either way round the circuit or do the new figure of eight. When there are no cars in the queue then you can do up to five laps at a time. If any car breaks down on circuit please ensure we can get it off ASAP to allow others to continue. If you are having engine problems please get that rectified before taking to the circuit. Thanks.

Re: Curborough sprint track day Saturday 11th July. CATERING.... yum

Shenstone & District Car Club have just told me that their caterers are confirmed for the day. If you were not looking forward to cheddar and tomato sandwiches a bit soggy you will be able to treat yourselves to a range of dilectable offerings from all day breakfast (starting about 7.30 am) through to roast pork or curry and chips (a Potteries special). Let's try to park up our easy chairs together at lunchtime (13h to 14h) and enjoy the sun and the gastronomy.

Re: Curborough sprint track day Saturday 11th July. List of entrants. Some space available

There will be space for a handful of late entries this Saturday 11th July at Curborough, just north of Birmingham. £40 per car with as many drivers as you like. Do please phone me 07748 111444 before leaving home to make sure we have not sold out in the meantime.

Here are the entrants as of this evening:

Andy Yeomans ..............Phantom P79 (white yellow grey)
Chris Greville-Smith ....... Vortex V2 (yellow)
Chris Pickering.............. Mallock Mk27 EBX (blue)
David Rutherford..............Mallock Mk27 SG (orange)
Greg Swan.....................Scottclimber (blue)
James Robinson.............Honda Civic S (grey)
John Lambert.................Mallock Mk28/29
John Muirhead................Mallock Mk18 (red)
Joy Batchelor Richings....MG ZR blue
Karl Dickinson................Formula 1300 (white)
Luke Trotman.................Mallock Mk18B (black)
Malcolm Evans...............Mallock Mk8b/14
Marcus Bicknell.............1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Mark Lawton.................. Porsche 924 (bronze/orange)
Martin Chittenden............Pulsar Honda (orange/blue)
Pete Richings.................Jaguar F-type (red)
Phil Johnson...................Mallock
Phil Sabin.......................Mallock Mk20
Steve Everson.................Mallock Mk27 white
Tim Child........................CTG Classic Clubmans (blue)
Tim Densham.................Mallock Mk11 (red)

Yes you can bring your road car and stretch its legs.

Re: Curborough sprint track day Saturday 11th July. List of entrants. Some space available

A great day, many thanks to all involved in setting up and organising, and thanks to Shenstone and District Car Club for allowing us to run at Curborough.

It was good to meet a few people, too, and to reacquaint myself with Marcus and John Muirhead.

My car was still being worked on on Friday evening, having not run for 11 years so it was great for me to have the chance of a shakedown in low key circumstances, and despite not having done any set up, and running on ancient tyres. I now know that it basically works which is significant progress.

Chris Greville-Smith had some useful insights, so next step is to get some set up work done, some half decent tyres and run it at somewhere with plenty of run off!

Thank you Marcus, Harty and Peter Burnham for organising the Curborough event.
It was great fun - far exceeded my expectations. We really should make it an annual event - if you missed it this year make a note not to next year!!!

Agree, an annual event would be an excellent idea!