50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Donington Social BBQ - Saturday 6th June 7.30 for 8.00pm

Dear All,

This is to let you know that our evening social event at Donnington is to be a 'bring your own' BBQ in the paddock on Saturday, 6th June. As usual, please bring whatever you would like to eat and a BBQ to cook it on! You may also like to bring your own grog (or soft drinks - who?) to set off the party atmosphere and some chairs and tables if you have them. We will gather in the paddock by the Clubmans Hospitality area or nearby at around 7.30 for 8.00pm.

To add a little twist to the proceedings and to celebrate 50 years of Clubmans racing, the dress code is to be '1965'. Let's see what you can do to show off your fashionista skills, as you no doubt did at the time! Entry to the event is subject to the opinion of a 'Clubmans clothing scruitineer' (Position yet to be appointed. All enquiries to Social Secretary).

We hope that you will enter into the spirit of the evening and everyone will have a good time. The weather forecast is good (at the moment) so put the BBQ in the trailer/motor home and get your glad rags out of the loft! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

All the best,
Trish and Brian

Re: Donington Social BBQ - Saturday 6th June 7.30 for 8.00pm

Cant even remember what was in fashion in 65 but don't think I will be able to get Startrite sandals in size 11 ,just have to hope jeans and t shirts were all the rage and stick some flowers in my hair lol

1965 was a bit early for flower power.......unfortunately, I remember it well!
Keep trying to get those sandals on!!! :-)

Looks like its going to have be a change of plans then,def wont be a dress tho I will leave that to Mr Hart,doesnt bear thinking about

The rock n'roll singer is booked, together with the biggest amps he's got. Get those brothel creepers and winkle pickers out guys. I'm looking forward to ladies with beehive hair, big skirts, and stockings!