The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Invitation race at Snetterton 9th May

The Radical Owners Club have invited Clubmans cars as an Invitation class to their one day Snetterton May 9th meeting. One quali' and two races all on Saturday. It's a BARC event at £335. Entry form at: HERE

There's also Formula Libre races over the weekend should anyone have the energy and wherewithal to enter two more events over both days.

Re: Invitation race at Snetterton 9th May

My Phantom won't be ready to play for some time but I may look in to some of these races later in the year. It's always good to have extra races that the cars are eligible for. The ROC organiser tells me that the intention is for the series to be aimed at the club level competitor without encouraging big teams and the latest chassis. They have changed their rules to specifically allow in Clubmans cars so I hope this works out for them.

Will ROC be inviting us to other events?

I just read the ROC regulations.
Contrary to Andy's earlier posting they specifically exclude any car with cycle type front mudguards, so certainly not ALL Clubmans cars are encouraged.
I assume this is waived if they open an invitation class when they are low on entries......

I have an email from the ROC on 19 April that says,

" we've asked our contacts @ BARC to contact the relevant people in their'King Henry's Taverns' Clubmans Championship to ask them if their participants would like to come and join us; we looked at lap times etc and we're pretty comfortable that some of those front mid-engined Proto and Sports 1600 cars (with or without enclosed front wheels) are generally compatible i.e. much the same pace in much the same places, just a little bit slower than something like a Radical, whereas something like a Caterfield is not.

So hopefully we'll have some front mid-engined Clubman cars joining us.

Best Regards

Will"

I therefore don't think that the invitation for 9 May was a one off. I think its an open invite for all their races. As I understand it, the intention is that this ROC series is a club level "open sports car series" but for cars below the pace, budget and sophistication of the BRSCC's Open Sports Car Series.

The best ones to go for are our very own - we haven't made our 50th anniversary by accident!
29/30 August Brands Hatch
19/20 September Snetterton 300
3 October Oulton Park

I absolutely agree with that, Pete, and I will hope to be out with you later, but these races are possibly an added extra for those that want and can afford them. Nothing wrong with showing others how competitive and cost effective Clubmans cars are in open competition? It doesnt happens as much these days, but Clubmans cars have often starred against other configurations over that 50 years.

subject to the acid fingers of the censor, I agree Andy!

My God Pete hasn't been dipping his fingers in batteries has he