50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clubmans spirit

Hi All

Felt I had to put a note up on the forum to say thanks to the clubmans paddock as a whole.

I went down to Silverstone last weekend, my first event since 09 with a car that had always been a hillclimb car and had the minimum of work to get it on track.

First a problem at sign on with 2 or 3 cars on the same number - Dan Gibson comes and finds me we go back to sign on and its sorted quickly. I had to change numbers and got them from Peter Burnham and Barry Webb.

Go to scrutineering - clive lester comes down with me helps remove bodywork then my overalls are out of date so he runs up to the paddock and borrows a set of Marcus.

Finally get ready for qualifying but fail the noise test on the way out, am the last car there so heading back to my trailer as think this is my weekend over - Richard Mallock comes running down the paddock with a super trap bolts it on, puts my belts on and I get out for qualifying.

These are all people running cars and have there own problems but somehow find time to help me out.

I thought it was a great advert for Clubmans so thank you.

Gareth

Re: Clubmans spirit

That's the clubmans spirit as it always has been,is now and im sure always will be,its what clubmans is all about

I also had the luck getting involved with Clubmans Gareth But be aware, your doctor won't have a solution for this virus...
But it's the best virus i ever had!

Yes, take care, the Clubmans virus is a particularly virulent strain. Seasonal side effects include: constant dirt under fingernails, a red patch of skin on outside of the left leg, strained back muscles, aluminium cuts, much bad language, constant smell of gear-oil in nostrils, and the most enormous FUN!

Great to see you Gareth and we look forward to seeing you again soon, next time a bit closer to home at Croft (probably only 6+ hours).

Gareth, good job. The race suit is now a historic and valued item. Gareth Barnet, that international superstar (which way are you voting?) has worn it. I have emailed Sothebys, Christies and Bonhams but no answer yet on what sort of reserve price I should ask for it. Students of early Renaissance race suit history will know that the yellow and blue one you borrowed is a copy of the original Piero de la Francesca which is so shabby that the BARC Clerk of the Course at Rockingham last year banned it from any circuit ever again. This must make the later copy very valuable.