The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Silverstone TV

Does anyone know when the Silverstone clubmans races will be televised ?

Re: Silverstone TV

Don't think it will John, it was a GT weekend where the GT races are being televised on MOTORS TV. And that's GT races only as far as i know. The drivers wil get a DVD of their races, you might be able to get one of these, ask Pete or Chris about that, think they can help you with further info.

We will be televised John but we don't know when. A sneak previewer has told me that our first race is very exciting! I'm hoping I'll be told when it happens, but no guarantees. I suggest you buy a couple of crates of brown ale, take an Elsan (remember Croft?!) into the living room, inform your wife that you'll be taking meals next to the TV for a week or two, and switch Motors on.

Who could forget the croft loo's of the 70s or even Rufforth's portable ones,ha ha,no point telling the wife weve been divorced 19 yrs and the g/friend would just say "whatever" lol

Race day live is on 07/06 Sky Channel 447 at 13.20 is from Silverstone but it just states grass root racing.

According to the schedule it is on Motors TV this Saturday @ 1.45pm. Repeated on the 19th slightly later.

Blimey, they're putting us up against the start of Le Mans. That'll p*ss the ACO off.

PS it's in the PDF schedule here: http://www.motorstv.com/sites/default/files/contenu/pdf/prog/uk/20140614_20140620.pdf

not (yet) on the main TV listings page

It's showing on the Motors TV schedules for 13.40 to 14.15 channel 447 on Sky platform. Motors is also available without subscription on Freeview channel 120. You may have to rescan the available channels list to pick it up.

Here's the detail plus the repeat times;

BARC CLUBMANS CHAMPIONSHIP
Saturday 14 June - 13:40
Highlights from the races held at Silverstone during the Motors TV Liveday !

Next broadcast:
Sunday 15 June - 21:00,
Thursday 19 June - 7:45,
Thursday 19 June - 16:20

Great coverage albeit no commentary for the second half of the race,definately a good incentive and advert for clubmans racing,the lure gets stronger

Does anybody know if race two is going to be shown
BMMH