The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Classic Fuel Regs

You may have spotted in the regs published on BARC's website (http://www.barc.net/championships/clubmans/) that we had tried, in concert with the Classic regs submitted via HSCC, to introduce a fuel regulation for Classic only to permit the use of a proprietary fuel additive to add lead to enhance the durability of A class valves. The reg was written by Mike Evans, who knows a thing or two about petrol, so we were optimistic the MSA would agree.
Unfortunately the MSA have rejected it, so standard pump fuel, as defined in the Blue Book, is compulsory for all our classes.

Re: Classic Fuel Regs

That's sad news Pete but i think the reason might be that lot of supliers say their products give the engine more power.
It's a shame there isn't a solution for this as it could cost the owners A or B class engines a lot of money.
In FF1600 and FF2000 in the European series we were allowed to use the lead substance. Also we were allowed to put the steel valverings in the engine as an alternative. (no power increase on that)

This is a real blow, Pete. As I understand it, we have to run with some lead additive or the engines in A class cars will fail within a few races. That means no BARC rounds for me, and probably no other Classic A's. Tragic at a time when we need cars on the grid. Steve Chaplin.

This ruling is equally applicable to HSCC or BARC events and the rejected wording was drawn up in reaction to HSCC's policy of taking a few fuel samples.