50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anyone recognise this 1960 clubmans car

Hello folks,

i m new on this forum, and will ask if anybody recognise the car in the picture link belauw

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/5307/pem4.jpg

it is actualy my resto project, it is from the 60's, as a 105e for 997cc engine with a mowog gearbox (probably from a morris minor

any info will be apriciated

thank you

stephen

Re: anyone recognise this 1960 clubmans car

As it is on 10 inch diameter Mamba Mini wheels with Dunlop pre slick tyres I wonder if this was originally built as a 750 Formula car with the Reliant engine replaced by the Ford unit. Sorry I can't help any further but good luck with it.

thanks

Hello Steph. I don't recognise the car but should mention that from the late 60s onwards there were many "one-off" Clubmans cars built by both amateur and professional engineers. Clubmans cars always had front mudguards, as well as rear, so Peter's suggestion may be nearer the mark. If you've not done it already, look at: www.750emailmc.co.uk and email: giles@750mc.co.uk Good luck.

thanks guy's, for the help

a 750 formula car will have either an Austin 7 chassis incorporated into the space frame, or 2" box section bottom rails, where asa 1172 /F1200/ F1300 car (which ran within the 750 MC)is effectively the same as a clubmans car.

Early clubmans championships were for either 1000cc or 1500cc, and could be from any manufacturer, whilst 1172 / F1200 had to be Ford engined.

I am restoring an unknown chassis at the moment which could be from either of these formulas. I've plumped for fitting a BMC A series 1000cc engine, similar to my old Clubmans (and F3!) car the Coldwell Mink.

Lovely looking car though. I think I saw it advertised for sale a few years back.

I wonder if it is (or is a home built copy of) a Len Terry designed Terrier?

Al

Alastair, thanks for the comments, the car look indeed more has a clubmans from frame and engine point of view , it were indeed on racecardirect a few years ago

I saw the restoration pics of your car, very beautiful work