50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Classic clubman chassis guide / buyers guide

Hi

I have classic clubmans on my list of options for next season, have looked around the website, the interweb etc. but I can't find a good guide to the cars / what you need to know if buying a car for the first time. e.g:
- what is the difference between a mallock mk16, 18, 20, 20'b' etc
- what to look out for (e.g. gearbox options, diff options, brakes)
- what sort of spares you need to run a season (tyres, diffs/ratios)
- are the engines very variable (I race in another very similar formula and engines are a fairly big issue in terms of 'duds' but only a few HP different at the top end)
- can a Class B car be easily converted to class A
- can hillclimb spec cars be easily converted to track spec (what would it take?)
- where to look for a car

You probably get the drift! Would be just as happy with an email/call or a response by post - but this would probably be a useful resource/reference for people looking to join the series. (I have also emailed via the contacts bit on the web page).

Thanks for any help

Paul

Re: Classic clubman chassis guide / buyers guide

Hi Paul,

Best thing would be contact Richard or Sue Mallock, they can give you all the advice you need,give them a call on 01604 4863504,

Regards

Colin,

Paul, you also may want to consider Cup, pretty much the same chassis, probably lower running costs due to running a road engine rather than tuned one

Just a quick note to say thanks to David Childs and Jamie Champkin for their offers of help and to Sue at Mallock for her time / responding to a lot of questions!

Thanks

Paul