The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scam

All, I have received what seems to be a scam via e-mail from someone posing as Pete Richings which reads:

.....Good morning,

I hope you get this in time, my family and I made a trip to Manila, (Philippines) unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel we are staying, all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off us but luckily we still have our passports with us,

I have been to the Embassy and the Police here but their response was too casual, the bad news is our flight will be leaving very soon but we are having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills, I will need your help/LOAN financially I promise to make the refund once we get back home, you are my last resort and hope, Please let me know if i can count on you and i need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way i can reach you....

Regards,

Pete

Peter Richings

Maybe he's after a new car and is looking for contributions

Brendan

Re: Scam

I've just picked up the same message!

Thought I'd check on here before I call him to let him know his email account has been hacked!

Saying that I can't find his number, do you think we should tell him or ask him to share the profits?

I do know a bout the scam. I'm sorry all.
It's all down to a Nigerian scammer apparently who seems to have a wired sense of humour.

We all knew it was a scam when we saw Peter, we all know you are Pete!

Hope that you enjoyed Manila though

Re: Scam (Fr.: arnaque, magouillage, tricherie)

We do indeed know that Pete is alive. But the state of existence is not the same as the state of being alive. Any French philosopher can confirm this contention. Which leads me to ask the rhetorical question "are we certain it's Pete who made this posting". The person who made the posting has made a crucial error... he or she has spelt his pseudonym incorrectly. "Scen"? You have to be kidding. It's "Sven". This shows that the writer is an imposter. An imposter pretending to be Pete pretending to disown the writer of a Nigerian pretending to be Pete who wrote the original email. I rest my case.

Re: Scam (Fr.: arnaque, magouillage, tricherie)

Ah Marcus you rumbled me!

Or was it just an error made on my iPhone as I typed it while driving across India.

We may never know..........or indeed care!