The three elements
50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oh to test in England now that Spring is here....

You really can't beat a spring test in this country can you?

Venue: Oulton Park

Temperature: 39F

Track: dry

Precipitation: intermittent blizzard

Session 1 of 3: red flag when the next Yvan Muller puts the Matt black Scirroco straight into the tyre wall at Old Hall and ends up on his side with tyre wall rebuilding. Session canned.

Session 2 of 3: red flag when next Sebastien Vettel in F3 Cup car exits stage left at Druids on out lap. Tyre wall requires rebuilding. Session reduced to 5 laps.

Session 3: Scirroco still being rebuilt and engine being run in garage to clear oil from intake thus filling half the garages with oil infused exhaust fumes to eye-watering extent. Therefore after Ginetta recovered with bonnet being worn by rest of the car, we get to run for 20 mins before driving home. Due to driver having a structured approach to test we achieve intentions and return with car in one piece. Shall however be taking large stick to beat starter motor to death very shortly....

Re: Oh to test in England now that Spring is here....

Very unfortunate for you Jamie, heck of a long way for so little testing.
We were there last Friday to test a new car but had to wait until 11.00 am so they could plough 2" of snow from the track. Then had similar issues of people exploring the barriers.
There again tomorrow but expect it to be very crowded with GT's Ginetta's etc all testing for the meeting on Saturday.
Let's hope it warms up in time for Donington !!

What is temperature measured in F???????
Welcome to the 21st century Jamie!

I still don't see why the starter motor needs the Basil Fawlty treatment......

Pete (aka Sven)
What is temperature measured in F???????
Welcome to the 21st century Jamie!

Yeah right and I bet your car is all metric too!!!!

I still don't see why the starter motor needs the Basil Fawlty treatment......

.....because it worked when we installed the engine , when it was run at set up and codes check at PF on Monday and again on Tuesday when checked before loading. Then as soon as you go to start it at OP to warm for noise test it decides to sulk, repeatedly and I am of an age that dislikes pushing race cars (even lightened ones. ..... ). It has now been thoroughly Larched and will not (dis)grace the car again...

My system works in deg C and metric psi!!!!

Larched eh???? Number one.....the larch