50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vision v89 Clubmans

Dear All,

Please can anyone help me. I have acquired a Vision V89 Chassis to restore.

I have the ability to re-create all of the missing parts.

However, I do need photographs to see what it should look like.

I would be very pleased to receive any pointers as to what it should look like and the correct specification for the period.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Guille.

Re: Vision v89 Clubmans

Hi Greg

If you would like to email to me some information on the car, i hopefully will have some pictures to help you.

Regards

Colin Jackson

Hello again,

I guess it would also be very useful to me, to find any spare parts for sale as well.

If anyone has anything suitable for sale I would be very pleased to see if I can afford it!

Greg Guille.

Hi Greg

Two family sources to help with your project could be Paul and Daniel Gibson who founded the Vision marque and Jamie and Alex Champkin (who own a Vision which is extremely competitive right now). I can approach both on your behalf if you would like me to do so. Best wishes and good luck with the project. Steve Chaplin.

Hi Greg

Sitting in the garage where your Van Diemen FVJ used to live, I just happen to have a Clubmans Cup spec 1600 K series engine which might suit your car?
It is dry sumped & comes with an alloy bellhousing, exhaust & silencer, loom/ecu etc - I'm looking for £1800 for the lot.

Cheers, Tom

Tom (???) please identify yourself and include an e mail address or I'm afraid your posting will be deleted. See 'The Forum' above.

Hi Steve,

Yes Please!

Any information would be very welcome.

Kind regards.

Greg Guille.

Thanks Tom (Brown)

I am going to run the car in "European spec" and have to use a 1.8 Carburetor fed Zetec engine.

Thanks for the offer of the Rover 4 cylinder unit, it sound like a good deal. I will mention it to those chaps local to me who might be in the market for just such an engine.

( By the way I have sold the FVJ in Guernsey, that too was a good deal!)

Regards, Greg.

Pete... Its me - Tom. The Portly Gentleman who was in your mirrors at Oulton. I know I missed Snetterton but bloody hell you soon get forgotten in this business!

I will re-introduce myself at Thruxton. I'm the fat b#startd with the orange hair and even oranger car.

Cheers, Mr Brown

Hi Greg

Russ Pickering may be worth a try for Vision bits. He built a couple of hillclimb cars up over the years and also has the Vision F3 project.

The Zetec engine sounds good for Proto - could you be tempted into racing with us?

Cheers
Tom (Brown!)

Hi Tom
Pmsl!!!

However, there are a few Toms in the world...!!!

Truth is I'm only jealous of your hair - orange or otherwise!!!!!

Pete

Hi Tom,
As you can imagine, my being based on Guernsey does have it's challenges in finding contacts etc, If you have a chance to mention my search to Russ I would be pleased.

My plan at the moment is to have a go at terrifying the French with a front engined car!

It is now costing in excess of £1000,00 just to get over to the UK so running in the Proto class doesn't look likely at the moment.

The car I have acquired has never been a running car but with a little work and some help I will hopefully get it race ready for next year!

Greg.

Hi Greg

I'll get in touch with Paul, Daniel and the Champkins for you as requested. Just a thought, but could you keep your car here and just get a regular fare over to the UK to prep and race it? I'm sure someone could store it for you for not much if you have some good contacts. We'd love to have you out with us. Any friend of Tom's is a friend of ours!

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for the help, it is really appreciated!

I guess the thing to do will be to get the car assembled and look at the options.

I must admit it would be good to use the car for more that the occasional French Hill Climb!

Kind regards,

Greg.

Well,

The chassis has finally arrived.

It is Chassis number V88 23

If anyone has any info or spares to sell, I am very keen to hear from them,

Regards,

Greg.

Hi Greg

Just spoke to Russ who, from memory, has an elan diff carrier / output shafts / drive shafts suitable for your car. his number is 07714 673652.

Interestingly Russ'/ My old Vision hillclimb car is for sale at the moment on pistonheads - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4221336.htm

cheers

Tom

Thanks Tom,

I knew I could count on you to come up trumps!

I will give him a call.

Greg.