50 logo

The Clubmans Register Forum

The Clubmans Register Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Phil Weaver's missing BBQ!

Dear All

Phil Weaver recently emailed me to say that up to a year or so back he had in his ownership a long commercial barbeque which was used with Team Catchpole when he was doing ASCAR. Trouble is, it has gone AWOL. As he has promised to pass it on for Clubmans use if found, I'm now making a plea to all and sundry to see if you can shed any light on its whereabouts. I can already feel a flood of rude and amusing replies coming through the ether, but to be honest, I'd be upset if they didn't! (hope you can sanction this, Pete.) Let's just hope it can be returned in usable condition!

Re: Phil Weaver's missing BBQ!

Has he tried asking Frank Williams?

Sunroof has set the bar high for humour........if not good taste!!!

*bows*

The last time Clubmans saw that device was at Rockingham when the inaugural race took place and Supersports as well as Cup were there.... [ask Tracy, it's following that social event that she was [re]christened 'P.D' by Hart ['poledancer...'].

It's a fairly big thing to lose....perhaps it's in the cushion locker of Phil's yacht

Blimey, that's over 11 years ago.

He might be best to look for a large pile of rust......

Last remembered at Snetterton Clubmans BBQ at Truck meeting - 5/6 years ago?

Looks like they put it in their truck(s) and liberated it?

Harty, get a grip!!! We never had a meeting at Snetterton with trucks... we have had meetings with trucks at Pembrey, Brands and Thruxton.... the last time we had a major social at a 'truck' meeting was at Thruxton August truck festival about 3 or 4 years ago and the big bar b qs there were hired by the club, delivered 'here' and brought to the event by PD in the back of her Range Rover!