Haiti News Network FORUM

Welcome to our FORUM. Feel free to post a message, news, comments..... Les vrais haitiens vont profiter de ce forum, non pas pour defendre les interets des Lavalassiens ou de la Convergence,mais plutot pour apporter des Idees constructives pour l'avancement de ce beau pays, Haiti Cherie que nous aimons tous. ======================================================

Forum: Haiti News Network FORUM
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Looking for Evon (Von) Berger, old friend

In 1988, I was in Haiti as a freelance writer working on a story. Standing on a street corner, I met "Von" Berger and an instant, amazing friendship developed.
He became my interpreter and travel companion, keeping me safe, educating me about Haiti, and, in the end, making my story possible at all. At the time, I met his wife, his mom, and his sister. All were located in the environs of downtown Port au Prince. Many years later, on a train to Miami, I met a young man connected with a Haitian magazine, who, in fact, knew Von. Sadly, in the past 20 years, I have not been able to connect with him in Haiti. I do know that in the early to mid-1980s, after making it to Miami, he was occasionally on Radio Haiti as a commentator, so he said. Alas, Immigration caught up with him and he suffered deportation. I am about to return to Haiti to offer relief and it would be amazing to find Von or somehow make contact with him or, at the very least, learn on his well-being. When I knew him he was likely in his mid-to-late 20s; he had a baby shortly after I left Haiti. Very smart and very political, Von is someone that nobody forgets. I would so appreciative of any assistance from anybody in my quest to find Von. I have used the name he knew, although my last name has changed, due to marriage. Again, thank you so much. Sincerely, Dee

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Email Forms 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com