Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Confederate Staff

This is new territory for me, so I thought i would start with the command. So I have put an order into Harfields and will see if they have them. The painted example on the Strelets website look quite nice.

Great! The painted CSA Generals are an inspiration. Really amazing talent.

I went ahead and bought all 3 S*R ACW Commanders sets when they were first sold. For me, this was especially important because of limited availability in the long run. The sculpting is tops. It would be great if S*R finished with the 4th CSA Foot Commanders. These figures are historically accurate so they are an amazing addition to the ACW subject.

I like to go to Wikipedia Encyclopedia and get a quick read-up on each famous personality in the different sets. Then I make up one General and some Cavalry Troopers or Infantry Troops to go with him, as a kind of mini-set (12 - 24 or so depending).

My favorite Infantry is a set now sold by A Call To Arms. The sprews include 1/72 copies of the famous 54mm Herald-Britains ACW one-piece figures sculpted in the 1960's. The set has a really nice Foot Officer, Bugler, Advanceing, Standing Firing, Marching plus others. I figure if they were nice enough to be sold as Collector's Sets painted in 54mm, then I want them in 1/72. Not a huge range of poses, but top sculpting all around and a feast for your eyes. Here is the link to PSR's Review of Infantry (Thank you DK of PSR):

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=16

Cheers

try Harfields

http://www.harfields.com/

still has them listed

cheers old john

Thanks John, but Harfields, although they list them, have confirmed that their distributor is out of stock - I guess like a lot of suppliers they do not carry stock but order from their distributor when they need them.

So this is proving an elusive set. So does anyone have any other suppliers worthy of a try please? I do not need many, so if anybody has one or two they do not need I would be interested in swapping/buying if possible please.

Thanks