Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Strelets, please - roman command figures

Dear Strelets,
You have done so many nice sets of roman early empire figures. Why isn't there any centurio, optio, tribun, prefect, legate, cornicen, aquilifer....???? Not even one!!!
When the first sets of Strelets Mini romans appeared, I was thrilled, and was waiting to see the command set as well. However, none appeared. More and more sets of legionaries or auxuliaries, but still no command. If Strelets were compatible with other companies output, I would draft the command from them, but I know of no such solution. As it is now, it is a pity, as I have no interest in the range unless command figures can be provided.
Does anyone know of metal variants that could work with Strelets?

Thanks

Re: Strelets, please - roman command figures

They did say that at some stage they would be producing a large Roman box set maybe that will have command figures

yes i am worry also as something always get cut(out missed) at release times.

Well Radu, I agree with that I would like to see Strelets command figures,

but do not forget that in Sterelt-Mini Praetorian cohort you get 4 x signifer (standard can be easily ajusted to regular centuria signum) and 4 x cornicen (NO diference with praeotiran and any other legionary or auxiliary cornicen)

Centurions are more missing...

i think these scale figures amount of sculpting for centurions would be amazing to see. it would be in same league as SR Napoleons Command set.Magnificent work and detail. maybe a few bodyguard also.

busy weekend on modelling hope you all had fun.

Thanks gentlemen, for the heads up!
Carlos, I didn't look at the pretorians when searching for the specialized troops in Strelets' offer. Thanks for the informations.
The signum in the pretorian set seems a combination between a signum and an imago (standard with a little bust of the emperor at the top), allowing either a signifer or an imagifer to be portraid. The difference between pretorians, legionaries and auxilia for these troopers, were the animal furs used: lion for pretorian, bear for legion, wolf with the head cut off for auxilia.
There is an optio in the set, but he has the oval republican shield typical for the pretorians.

Hoping for a reply from Strelets,
Radu

Dear Sirs,

Roman command set will be released in Big Box format, probably towards the end of this year.
Please be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

great news!!

thanks

Re: great news!!

Big Box format? Does this mean that those who've been collecting the Strelets sets as they appear will be expected to buy several of them all over again to get the new figures? If so, it's a disgraceful way to treat loyal customers...

glad to hear the command figures will be in production. It completes a range. As i say,before, i expect these command figures will be super sculptures so imho it is worth paying more for.

surplus with big box is good stock for conversions etc. We collectpors gotta bite the bullet sometimes.

If the Roman Command is going to be a big box released with older sets, could the older sets be reissues of the now hard to get "Roman legion at March", "before Battle", and "at Battle"?

mmh i am confused..lets have them all to be safe.