Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arms

Thank you Strelets. What an excellent suprise - what a series of rabbits you have pulled out of your hat! This is not something I would have expected!

Again your company has tried to be orginal rather than churning out the same old repetitious WW2 German sets!More power to your elbow.

Complete sets of WW1 gas masked troops and now heavy artillery. Any chance of the French 155mm(?) also used by the Americans?

Any chance you could take the rifles off their backs as gunners have enough problems without these!

The other big thing was the spam was missing tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canon de 155 C modèle 1917 Schneider

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_de_155_C_mod%C3%A8le_1917_Schneider

Used by French and Americans in WWI and WWII. This would be an excellent choice.

Canon de 155mm GPF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_de_155mm_GPF

This gun also saw tremendous use by the French and US forces in WWI and WWII.

Both guns were used by the Germans in WWII also. Many other nations used these guns too.

Mike "Bunkermeister" Creek
bunkermeister.blogspot.com

Now THAT'S what I call a gun! Can't wait!!!

Intresting development. This looks like fun. Another reason to live a little while longer.

BL Ordnance 6-in gun mark VII

Dear all

The only possibility is the BL Ordnance 6-in gun (not howitzer) Mark VII- not sure of the carriage (four types which one this is hard to tell -MkII?). It was originally a naval gun.
Some plans on the Landships Forum ( by Ken Musgrave). This was a very big gun eg the wheels are about 5-6 feet high and the weight in real life was over 25 tons. When fired the wheels rolled on to "scotches" which were large wedge shaped pieces with a slight curvature to take the recoil these should really be included in the set as firing without them would be fun (on the plan referred to above).
The wheels and some details could be rethought after looking at the plans referred to above and it should be made in polystyrene (hard plastic) for super detailing and sturdiness.
BTW getting the name right is important as internet searches will prove fruitless otherwise. I would guess it should be item A003( the real one as there are 2 A003s at the moment) and it should be gun not cannon.

Well done Strelets a nice development. The Mark XIX gun (A004) was also a 6 inch gun but on a similar carriage to the Mk VII Howitzer .

David

Re: BL Ordnance 6-in gun mark VII

These really do look the part. It's great to see someone finally making artillery men who actually look as if they are doing their job rather than looking like they are straight of the Parade ground.
Best of Luck with this new venture Strelets, I'll be buying.