Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Masters for French Field Artillery 1855

nO gun yet ,likely no limber (again sr poicy snub limbers)humf ...the figures good with eifles slung tells me they are suppose to be operating in front line area not a garrison.(rifles stacked) so where is teh limber. it is part of the apon system. it is liek a steam train with no coal cart.you stop short strelets.teh set will look like teh others ....missing a dimension...(limber horse driver rrider etc) .

Any*** psr reviewer worth his reputation would level wiht you on this and deduct points.

back to teh figures , i guess it is a 2 gun 2 crew set.not much bang for the buck, a limber would have padded out teh set at least with a artillerie man sitting smoking a clay pipe(rig de jour)oksy ALL THIS IS FORESIGHT AND HINDSIGHT BY NOW.

Lets see what teh "allied" artillerie seige/heavy will provide.i am ready to see your tuekish cavalry i hope most with lances(unlike my mistake).

Dear Louis

I would have preferred more of the shirt sleeved crew as they look very useful and could convert to lots of other periods. Modelling the stripe on the trousers is an own goal imltho ( limits their usefulness). I am not sure who has been clamouring for this. Unless it stands out in relief, like a welt in real life, then I would feel fairly confident that most modellers could paint a stripe on the figure's trousers without difficulty.

on the +
I like the telescope pose rather than the gormless theatrical one in the Zvezda set pic referred to above etc etc.

Anyway this is not HaT who seem to show their roughs/masters inviting reader comments with a view to amending and adapting them. So wysiwyg.

David

Wow. I really like the poses. Can't wait to add them to the Sevastapol, Infantry, and Cavalry sets.

I do like all the details. For a nonpainter like myself, authentic sculpting right out of the box means everything to me.

Great work sculptor! :-)