Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RTW Turkish Artillery 111

Yes as i paint this set i am feeling loud, i am missing something that connects teh whole figures set together..... Its teh limber. ITS SEEMS 2 DIMENSIONAL FIGURES/GUN.garrison guns,

teh limber is mountable by teh artillerie men and so are horse/or to be strelets diverse cattle would have been much better to break their ignorant competitors that anyy beast of burden that could Pull was liekly to be utilized.a complete system joining man beast and machine as a fighting system.

Teh added delight is bull or cow is a better food source/supply as well as draught animal for pulling weapons. Limber is a catalyst piece. Strelets you lose mega points with me for this and rouslie artillerie also no limbers.75% OF BOX IS EMPTY.nOT ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY IS IT.?

okay i paint a whole system for you.teh way i like to have seen this set with cows pulling.you can have opportunity to get you on back and criticise me. I send foto's in a couple of days for your disposal.

gun wheels i think should be flat 100% not leaning maybe it is a mold restraint ,they are not too bad maybe i am too critical,.Okay i like teh artillerie figures.The gun i cannot use in my 1853/4 timewarp but i think i will steal sr cw french gun when it appears ( too much to ask for a limber with the cw artillerie sets ? )

okay the krupp gun is excellent and far better than i expected. it is bang on !LOL i CAN SEE THIS SET ATTRACTING many non RTW people just for the guns.

Flat bases..FLAT BASES..Flat bases

One other change i see in this set is flat bases. This was another surprise buti like. pLASTIC IS SOFT when you cut from teh sprue.

I am still little disappointed with so few figures in a set but these are figures i will utilize in 1853-4 silistra seige diodrama.Also they can be used(WITH PAINT MAKEOVER) for Ottoman coalition artillerie of this period also.

i ordered more sets yesterday as i think teh realization of how good these will be for teh excellent krupp guns.Plus those who want egyptian artillere for sudan campaigns have a useable figure set here also.

These turkish(Ottoman Coalition, Turkish and Egyptian with their respective allies) figures make possible numerous more conversions possible. I await my next shipment before i commence some of teh idea i have right now.eg mounting a crew.ones with rifle slung over back will be good use also.

Soon we have Turish(Ottoman Coalition)Cavalry RTW coming .I hope these are 4:1 or 5:1 lancer to carbine ratio.

good to see more artillerie figures with hands protecting ears.veru realistic on gun and mortar lines. many artillerie guys have gunners ear(lose hearing) so alotof hand signals also used.do not forget they had no official ear protectors tho i suspect some may have used some wadding iin 1 ear at least. so i give sr points for that also.it can really hurt ear when these old weapon were fired,new modern guns also.(especial on super charge ...oh is very sharp pain in head plus little shock wave )

Re: Flat bases..FLAT BASES..Flat bases

Okay i send in some foto today maybe sr will "contribute them".Then you can see for yourself if anyone else is watching.

although Pleven was a defensive a battle the town was ringed with trenches and redoubts and outlying villages being defensive sites also.It wasnt a case of wait .teh turks were proactive defenders.

I think SR try to talk away limbers using the defensive story on box as an excuse not to make a limber.I think it bites them back.Something is needed.. even just to pad this sets second edition(i am optimistic) Even if you dont make teh horses please make limbers ,we can use oxen or horse.It(would be massive help IMHO(as they say)..

It is sad news indeed, to have only half of the figures as other artillery sets but they do look nice enogh in the scans.

What I can't figure out, is why there is no Turkish Infantry in summer uniforms and no Turkish Artlellery in winter uniforms, when the both Russian Infantry and Artillery are availble in both

There doesn't seem to be any indication the missing Turks will be in the works.

When this range appeared at my local dealer they sold out almost instantly, so I am hoping that a big box set for this theme, along with some extras of course, might be in the works.

hi cc, maybe try make a convert set from turk coat infanterie. they should be available soon with turk rtw cavalrie(these i am looking forward to greeting any box or master views).i have a few more rtw turk art 111 sets coming quick as tehy are open selling in usa now.i will try teh conversion out next weekk when my 2nd shipment arrive. teh 3rd shipment i have special plans for,

yes it is an exciting thing when a new military period is represented,sell fast but i dont see it growing as big as teh cw range..i think they sr are almost done with it(rtw).

we are only getting turk in coat due to fellow collecter Firat. he started a poll. so sr do listen.

For CW people dont realize it was really in modern terms an "Ottoman coalition".(Turkey and Egypt with both their respective allies. some OF the CW PERIOD egyptians, in metal are in progress with Uwe.
okay get back to hobby .