Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WHAT IS the best 2010 strelets' set

Dear Ironside

I think Valdemar use 1:1 master to production model scaling and they are superb. The spetznaz masters and others by Alex (sculpts for Valdemar) on Benno's forum are certainly 1:1 as there is a mm rule and a plastic figure next to them. Lots of photos of his work on

http://photofile.ru/users/alex-san/3110308/?page=1

in Russian but easy to follow and the masters are often with a small Russian coin to give the scale size.

The first pic shows his attitude to scaling which I can't fault.

Some of Strelets sculpting is good but there seems to be a lack of discrimination or quality control as the very good and very bad often get mixed in the same set or the same series.

( I cited the RTW Winter Russians as these IMHO look smaller and more slender than some of the recent sets. In fact I have one in front of me next to a new Zvezda WWI German and they look fine together in terms of scale and proportions. Some of the Bashis have very nice detail but lack posterior bulk. I intend to get more of both these sets. The RTW Winter Turks also look good though I haven't got them yet.)

David