Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: pics of strelets british in gasmask

They do look very good. Although it is a bit tricky to see properly because of the shadows on the photos, I think that maybe the proportions of the Lewis gun are not quite right; it looks a bit short, and I think it should be a little longer (IMO).

However, I state again, that these do look great. Do we know a release date for them yet? The "stormtroops", in the same series, are labelled as October 2010.

Another excellent set of masters. Hopefully these will be out soon. The gas masks really give the soldiers an eery look like something out of a science fiction story. Great work Strelets. I wonder when we can we see the Stormtroops masters as these are listed as coming out soon.

Great to see these masters - still very few sets of British (Empire) (ALSO LATE FRENCH!)- compared to axis forces.

Agree with PDA - the Lewis appears a little short but I like the pose! Will the final set have a British soldier using a stick granade - would it be better to have a roundish Mills bomb?

Bring the set on as there are few new sets that will ready before Christmas. Unfortunately HaT seems to have a long line of pending sets from WW1. Their WW1 sets appear to be in a mire like the 'Flanders mud'- slowly plodding along with no sense of ungency

RCD
- the Lewis appears a little short but I like the pose! Will the final set have a British soldier using a stick granade - would it be better to have a roundish Mills bomb?
Yes, I love the pose of the Lewis gunner, just not the MG.

I think for WW1 it is not inaccurate to show British using stick grenades. The Hales bombs looked much like this one, I believe. Also, if these lads are going on a raid, it could be a club or knobkerrie.

Still is a good looking set, n'est ce pas?

Oui, Tray bong.

@ Strelets,
will all the WWI infantry sets be part of the upcoming october batch or will they turn up later (say january)? Since you already announce 12 sets for next month, I think the latter may occur - which is fine for me.
Can hardly wait for the 3 WWI cavalry sets & the RTW artillery!

Regarding the niggling in that other thread, one could get the impression that some people think WWI was an exclusive summer happening. WWI Brits in coats are a first in 1/72 and therefore a welcomed addition.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that permanently advertising for a rivaling company here isn't the best behaviour at all!?

Greetings

Peter, first off, STRELETS have said on this forum that they have no problem with people useing avatars (Hat), so nore should anyone else on their forum. secondly as for the greatcoats and bandoliers,you will note on the above thread I have asked for some referance from strelets,so we can see where the sculptor took his insperation from for these figures.So maybe we should wait and see what strelets say,if you know of photos or contempory drawings of British troops dressed for combat like this please share it,as i have looked and found nothing,I must add i like these figures,but thats not not the question,the question is are they historicaly accurate ?

cheap cheap

alas alan seem self opinionated reply swings over and back with sr voice then hat next.Must be a honarary companie director.poor guy has only 1 eye LOL.maybe he think he is nelson.

i stand with peter on teh issue.it just puts teh hobby into cheap low mode.brand avatars not cool.i do liek teh guys own ones is more appealing and original and fun.

but to me there is alreDY TOO MANY ADERtS , distractionn.You really think these silly icon are making great big big marketing value then those should be sold teh blindfold sold a cigharette and let out of misery after sold teh bullet too.tehy do it themselves is ironic.

GIVE US A BREAK FROM THAT junk. It only belittle 1/72 to look like palitoy suggest lego 2-6 ,and boy dib teh dob scout badge bob a job collecters.is liek something from 1960 mentality. is not toys r us, fo ol.

?bravenet hah i often winder more like beach-net, bra tznet whatever.no difference.who cares ..who what, who cares who sins ,is much phony belloni.choke each other out go on. anyhow ip address is multiple loops then point back to so few check rotational orchestartion by time and originating x-id (just love aol for details yes).

okay have nice weekend,....hurry up./

Re: cheap cheap

Head for the guns hank
...?bravenet hah i often winder more like beach-net, bra tznet whatever.no difference.who cares ..who what, who cares who sins ,is much phony belloni.choke each other out go on...
Drunk again hank?

Re: cheap cheap

Do you like this one better ?