Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Extra box of Turkish Infantry and

Strelets - you comments to your CUSTOMERS are some of the most bizarre I have ever seen from a business - could be interpreted as a "up yours" to all of your CUSTOMERS. You may wish to rephrase your response.

big boxes and little sets

Dear

Pedro

At least Strelets is candid. Most producers would try to string us along. I was certain that RTW Turks would be produced but because they were not listed with the initial batch I had my suspicions.

Duncan's original point

Some of the best figure sets IMO are incorporated in Big Box sets. I don't want to list them but there are sets unique to Big Box sets that I would have bought several of rather than one. I am not sure that Big Box idea is sound marketing. Retailers/wholesalers could do a similar bundle and discount at their discretion. Then Strelets would get the best of both worlds - more choice and happy customers. In the end I don't like being forced to buy something I don't want; so I don't buy.

But then in 2005 I wrote

Dear Strelets fans
The post from Puppeteer below mentions Strelets set 071 as his favourite. It is one of the best sets from Strelets and such a pity it is bundled with the other sets. Nevertheless I did buy the big box and I was not disappointed with set 071. I would buy several of set 071 if it was sold singly. When compared with the earlier medieval sets it shows how much Strelets have improved in such a short time (practice makes perfect).

I know some will not buy it because of the bundling which is a great shame as this is one of the finest medieval sets around.

Nearly six years later I rest my case.

12 figures ( the Zouave looking Turks) per Big Box so 4 boxes (to make 48) @ £19.99 = £79.96. £79.96 instead of £4.99.

David

Re: big boxes and little sets

Strelets should have been straight with us from the start.. and told us there was not going to be any Turkish Infantry other then the CW Thin red line set... at that point we could have argued and fought over the remainder of the 1000 boxes that were actually produced to get the turks we needed for the RTW..... Not

discontented.... well actually throughly ****** off...

Strelets
Dear Hank,

it's a bit surprising to see you complaining about lack of Turks with all those boxes of the CW Turks that you've got!
RTW series was intended to be an optional bonus to those who invested in Thin Red Line Turks.

Best regards,

Strelets

Gentlemen, correct me if I'm wrong, but when the "Thin red Line" big box was out we didn't even know that a RTW range was planned. How were we supposed to buy lots of boxes in advance to obtain the infantry for a range that wasn't even there? And furthermore, to reproach Hank for being a good customer (and a very good one indeed), well... that is beyond me.
This simply can't be serious.

I really hope this is in jest. You can't treat good customers this way. Especially when your RTW sets have no other realistic uses besides that conflict.

Its interesting to read what is being said on other forums too...

The answer from Strelets was indeed surprising in its nature.

Sad as the range of 1877 cavalry and infantry is very good.

Duncan ,please be more explicitly what from other forums? .

Strelets may have its reasons, but I simply see no reason to not release the Turkish infantry separately especially considering the demand shown here for them. Even if one where to buy the Big Box for the Crimean War there are far too few turkish figures there to possibly justify buying it solely for them.

Please reconsider Strelets, and note that I for one will think twice before Purchasing any set for the RTW knowing that one of the major forces is missing.

BTW

cw 1853-56 tHE OTTOMANS HAD MORE SOLDIERS THAN THE BRITTISH fRENCH OR sARDINIAN INVOLVED in it.

of course rtw 1877 the Ottomans were all alone and sole opponent to the rouskies.

why is there presence diminsihed by strelets proportionally

Re: BTW

Russo-Turkish War Range with no Turkish figures. Very funny.

Merhaba! Firat, seni çok özledim! But strelets even make only Revolution Red Army and no White Army sets is strange this rouskie logic ? no. One side is not uncommon for them to produce.So what hope have we for Ottomans? yes.

Teşekkürler Hank. You are more Turkish than me. That is for sure.:) I think Strelets don't like Ottoman/Turkish. Or they still think that Ottoman won't sell. That's why they even don't mention the Ottomans in the "Thin redline" box art. They think that forum posters are a small group who are minorty and doesn't reflect their actual customer base.
Maybe they are right. I don't know.
Ottoman/Turkish are the most underrepresented in our plastic 1/72 world. Strelets had a good chance. But they dont use it.

and so the 1/72 gateway to "the orient" is closed again.histoire is distorted again by misrepresentation and under representation.
slavics arab greek kurd checynan goumes tatars passed over tragically

what do we get ,romanian,,, !