Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To Strelets: Turkish?

Dear Strelets, will you produce the RTW basic turkish infantry as a single set or mini set? Or they will be available only as part of a big box as was the case for the GNW russian infantry and CW Turkish infantry?

Re: To Strelets: Turkish?

Dear Strelets
Plese think about ww I Turkish infantry as well

Dear Mike,

turkish infantry is already available from the Crimean war range. The uniforms haven't changed too much within this period, therefore there's no sence to make another set.

Best regards,

Strelets

strelets smokescreen

iam confused, august release now october release but teh question for krupp gun at this stage does not fit in place.Sarmatians mention below also displaced.i think i am seeing a smokescreen....again !

YOU HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO STRELETS

lets not beat the bush, lets be straight up.

There are no turk infantry being made for RTW range.
the turk 3rd sprue in 903 big box ammo pouch on front is what to use.prices are low in usa a good deal.Think outside the box....

yes russian infantry are awesome set,flat cap and helmet interchangeable.russian hussars are awesome.you can make artillery in helmet riders or russian dragoons in coats from them.Or flat cap for rtw and ww1/rcw.
Turks i use teh rtw sprue heads to convert Brittish Light dragoons to Turkish cavalry.and other support troops.Souch a great box set.Highland guys can be interchanged with trouser set line as brittish jackets all the same for cw.so many other too.
okay i build you up with compliment but now i slam you...

Turk artillery no limber ????.I do not understand.
this is an old dirty esci trick.seems late to ask for picture of a krupp ,bear in mind teh relaese dates quoted but prove me wrong.

Russian crew seen(looks awesome) but no gun?....sacre bleu !no limber major concern to me.not a big game range option now.......

if esci had made the limber for eg garde imperial artilerie what a brilliant set it would have been and focis piece.However the golden lost opportunity i speak of before.(Maybe one day we see a 1;1 ratio of
grand batterie de la garde, sigh in 1/72)

BASHI BAZOUK okay these pushed out on time.
rtw infantry i get summer and winter inf very nice
rouskie rtw dragoon and hussar very nice.
no turk, oh MY god....

Turkish Cavalry, nothing seen. no box art etc
Sarmatioan cavalry ,nothing seen .sr mention CW Artillery ....thats is all.I AM WORRY.

so CW the sr flagship range remain incomplete, RTW incomplete.SAD to be left like this on beach with no water high and dry..

Just what is teh problem with making teh limber?
i do not like or accept teh excuse at this point when
so many other manufacturer have produce LIMBERS with guns. outsource is an other option.please look into it ?

you are under attack strelets from threads above also as you have no flank protection with your recent strategy decions to collectors.

Re: YOU HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO STRELETS

Dear Hank,

don't worry, everything will be made.
Russian cannons for the RTW are being made right now. It won't take long before others will follow. RTW range will be generally made within pretty short period of time. We are thinking how to better do Romanian army as a big set or a series of small ones.

Best regards,

Strelets

YOU still HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO STRELETS

oKAY ALL that means to me with limber.please be specific .

A gun wothout a limber in this period is liek a soldier without headware.You just cannot say field artillerie and just give us a garrison gun.

Romanian ....just stop right there to let me suggest .
For Romanian make a single "army" big box set just romanian.

One infantry set
one complete art set(gun +limber same as rouskie)
1 cavalry set. 1/2 command sprue 1/2 band/casualty.

Now that open door to repack similar turkish box,russian big box etc.

Re: YOU still HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO STRELETS

"turkish infantry is already available from the Crimean war range. The uniforms haven't changed too much within this period, therefore there's no sence to make another set."

Sorry Strelets with all due respect but I think you have it wrong, no Turkish infantry for the RTW makes a nonsense of the range... no winchesters, no peabody martinis and the only turks which are half usable come in a hard to find box of crimean war figures most of which is useless to anyone interested in the RTW...

That doesnt cut it with me, I think its a cop out... these are what I personally was waiting for and I have to say its very disapointing.....

Cheers

To Strelets - but will you release the existing Turks as an individual set - rather than just as part of the Crimean war big box they our currently in?

I second Pedro -- the Crimean War Turks in the Zouave-style dress are accurate for Russo-Turkish War Turkish infantry, but they are currently packaged in the big box with the Highlanders as well as Turkish infantry in the Crimean War uniforms that were no longer standard issue in 1877. So, while no new sculpting is necessary, a new box is needed. Can't Strelets do something similar to what they did with the Crimean War Zouaves, namely take existing figures out of another set and re-package them in a stand-alone set?

Dear Samogon,

with all due respect other Turkish sprues in big CW set are usable as well for RTW. What's basically wrong with figures in overcoats or in French-style uniforms?

Regards,

Strelets

Dear Strelets,

I can agree that the cw Turks can be used for the RTW 1877.

I however support all those who ask for a new set or a seperate set containing the CW Turks for the following reasons:

1) Turkish infantry is a major unit of which I need several battalions to face the excellent Russians, so it would make sence to have a seperat set
2) It is very costly to buy say 10 big boxes to have enough Turks
3) I do not need 10 boxes of Russian inf, hussars and scots since I allready have plenty
4) It would be very difficult to find 10 big boxes tin red line and since the Russians 1877 are very nice, many people will like to start 1877 war.

So, unless their is a seperate sets of Turks I have two options:
- either I spent a lot of time searching for and a lot of money buying the big box sets and end up with a few battalions of Turks and many other figures I do not need
- or I will not buy any sets of the 1877 war since I will have far more Russians than opponents

So I personally hope you will reissue the CW Turks in a seperate box (If you remake only the soldiers we still need to buy the big box for command figures)

Many regards

Pieter

The Turks wont be available in seperate boxes?...Sorry, but this makes no sense at all. Dear Strelets, I think that some explanation would be highly welcomed.

Pieter
Dear Strelets,

I can agree that the cw Turks can be used for the RTW 1877.

I however support all those who ask for a new set or a seperate set containing the CW Turks for the following reasons:

1) Turkish infantry is a major unit of which I need several battalions to face the excellent Russians, so it would make sence to have a seperat set
2) It is very costly to buy say 10 big boxes to have enough Turks
3) I do not need 10 boxes of Russian inf, hussars and scots since I allready have plenty
4) It would be very difficult to find 10 big boxes tin red line and since the Russians 1877 are very nice, many people will like to start 1877 war.

So, unless their is a seperate sets of Turks I have two options:
- either I spent a lot of time searching for and a lot of money buying the big box sets and end up with a few battalions of Turks and many other figures I do not need
- or I will not buy any sets of the 1877 war since I will have far more Russians than opponents

So I personally hope you will reissue the CW Turks in a seperate box (If you remake only the soldiers we still need to buy the big box for command figures)

Many regards

Pieter

I have lots of crimean war figures still waiting for artillery and loads of GNW sweden with no russians as they are in a expensive big box. Unfortunately I don't like to mix Strelets figures with the much slender Zvezda or Emhar or anything else.
So I second Pieter as this is exactly what I meant to say. Before to take the plunge in the period, this time I want to know in advance if I can field two armies.

You're right -- they are not wrong for the conflict. They should just be in a separate box, without the other Crimean War Russian and British sets. In fact, that's what I always assumed you were going to do when I noticed that there was no 1877 Turkish infantry set. I know you guys will do the right thing -- you always do.

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS STRELETS

iT looks very apparent that in the past CW guns were promised ....this is 4 years ago.

now we are in RTW and guns seem to have delays .

rtw range not to have turks infantry to fight good rouskie foot figures (even teh 3rd sprue from set 903 as a mini set available) is astonishing.

at all cost.... you do not want a repuatation for making incomplate series. even wording of PSR says "promise".... is a little warning to us perhaps.

why we continually learn of things 2nd hand on psr instead of your own website is maybe a little shady as tehy say in teh movies.

This is the last thing i want for you guys ,but if i did nothing and said nothing i would not be a good guy if i did not say anything about it ,just like teh other guys who have aired their concerns also.
---
ps.. this is 2010, and you propose artillery set with no limber.even airfix made limbers in 1966 whenever so come on dudes todays technology will not wear that.

Re: PLEASE TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS STRELETS

Dear All

From April 10th 2010

Yes but I thought mini set snow swept Turkish infantry and summer Turkish infantry would be released to match the Russians. Maybe they will be slotted in this year. The cavalry should come in cold and warm weather versions or the choice that is appropriate for that types major involvement in a battle.

Never mind. I have only bought one RTW Russian set. A shame for those who have bought more. It would be cheaper to recruit the real Turkish army than buy those big boxes. Somebody said the rifles are wrong as well- I agree. Issuing the Turks as a big box ie all Turks could offer slight salvation.

David