Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Turkish Uniforms 1854-6 a slightly different angle

Hi Professori,yes that is a reason that i looked deeper into uniforms following into teh Feshane ottoman/Turkish uniform factory story and superbe book book i mentioned in other threads.

it is important to trace these manufacturers back/down to collect data.Interesting to see soem of the relic clothes still in good condition after many years in museums etc.i think then there was more stitches per square inch than we see in modern clothing days.it truly coems in the total war and scientific development brackets, tht sustains an army in the field in comparative comfirt.

how many of you ex modern militaire had your camouflages suits fade in theh wash especially desert ad jungle theatres clothing. mmmh is a similar issue as in the 1850's etc.russia seems to always do well with their clothing as much captured equipment became ottoman issue(back pack especially copied etc)

war clothing is as important as war weapons.both need to come togther as a system for teh soldier to utilise with maximum effect and comfort factors yes.
always local purchase is /was an option.Wallachia and Djobra winter industry was weaving.as soon as available translations are available we wil know more of each country and the composition of teh fighyting men.

i likew to know where the steel came from the sulphate teh brass teh wool the factory the mine and see how it develpoed.The french napoleonic studies are sure taking it to these extremes which should be a template for all other military eras.a top down history made available to the publics ideal but things are lost , companies go bust etc.lose contracts etc records get lost is bad news for historians.

have fun lets look for more.

MR ROWLAND= Ottoman organization 1843-1853

1843 army reform began and 1848 executed so in 1853

1St ARMY/ORDU BLUE JACKET artillery & cavalrie Imperial Gyard Constanpinople hq
7 infantry regiments/alays (of 3 btns each)
4 light infantry regiments (talles)
5 cavalrie regiments (6 squadrons each 2 carabiniers 4 lance each)
1 artillerie regiment (11 companies of 6 guns and 1 company of 4 mountain gun)

2nd army/ORDU red jacket/artillery & cavalrie Scutari hq
6 infantry regiments
6 light infantry regiments
4 cavalrie regiments
1 artillerie regiment

3RD ARMY/ORDU.PURPLE JACKET artillery & cavalrie Roumelia/Monastir hq
7 infantry regiments
4 light infantry regiments
5 cavalrie regiments
plus 1 kossacken regiment 1 dragoon regiment
1 artillerie regiment

4TH ARMY/ORDU artillery and cavalrie BROWN JACKET Anatolia/Kharpout hq