Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Crimean Turks

I think this would be a good idea also. With the
other big box sets you have commanders and person-
alities that relate to that set. I can understand why you wouldn't want to release them seperately because
people would only want one box of these and it wouldn't be profitable to sell them on there own. But
the Turks are different - no matter what battle you
do, you'd want several boxes of Turkish infantry. Say
you want to do the Siege of Sillistra (sp) You can't
with just one box of Turks. Even for Balaclava, one
box of Turks is hardly sufficient, and no one can afford multiple big box 'Thin Red Line' sets.

no one ?.. huh, i am no none?

no one ?!!! ahem... there is always exception. i sent you email proof of my leftovers( i reached 28 st903 sets )from kalafat-finale which i will perhaps paint next year.I sent picure of proud big stack to s-r.

Of the many turks i buy I use 220 turk figures heads for converting to cavalry. Also casualties for mule ambulance train and kamel ambulance train and also very many to make artillerie guys.I have about 600 in teh photograph i send you to syettip .I mainly used command sets as i use many of these to convert for the above.i will paint those unused figures next year and you will see much more in turkish war diodramas.

Too late i only think this year to save head swap bodies and put on a hatless head ah well maybe that help others to know.

The rouskie hussars in coats are a generic type figure which is very useful.I used some as Russian CW Dragoons in coats and also artillery drivers in helmets.I send pictures of all conversions mentioned made to s-r.They have not show the mules of them on contributions as s-r probally got fed up with me, sending thinsg chuckle..But those coat hussars will be useful for similar RTW converts also.

But you will see when i complete Kalafat-finale,(battle of cetate) if you are interested let me know.The first stage is "up" in 2 week. I am waiting for some things to turn up plus i am on vacation 3 week next month.

What bites me is no cw turk artillerie cost me $700 to make a conversion 16 gun artillerie regiment for each side.($1400)I know that hurt other collectors also thats why i petition strelets for artillerie.how grand of strelets to kindly be soon releasing rtw russian and turk artillery,will be major help and saving us.

It is similar case for CW Turk figures .I hope a set is produced of turk infantry so more people can paint these wonderful figures.However they turks are both 1853-56 and 1877-78 in st903.okay good luck to you i hope the sets materialize for all collectors.