Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: bashi bazouks ?

Dear all

For my pains I wrote:

The Bashi Bazouks in the RTW 1877/78 had large contingents of Circassians (as did the regular army)so for completeness it seems logical to include them. Somebody just buying RTW Bashi Bazouks would expect to find some Circassians in the set. The hoods and overcoats are for the winter war leave them out and which BBs go with the winter clothed Turks or Russians?.

so therefore bearing in mind this is a set for the RTW 1877/78.

Simple answer - yes but you have to be selective. I don't know how many that leaves- about eight? not bad?

David

Re: bashi bazouks / rtw rouskie winter inf

I dont see why not use all bashi bazouk could all be used and mixed with teh kuban, cossack terek cossack some deserters as well from each side.

there are 32 different type of fez at least so
a few head swaps would make it also good.
Also some zvezda cossack. I think when rtw turkish cavalry arrive in august that it will increase options and conversions horse swaps etc.

As per cw ,Volunteers came from all over the middle east albania to syria to fight in this holy war 1877. Just as they made themselves available to egyptian army in sudan campaigns.(This sounds good but i do not see drawing of bashis with hicks pasha.I read about this in Frank Power "letters from khartoum" michael asher book khartoum and a little in FR Wingate "Mahdiism and Egyptian soudan".

Hopefully one day our research will become easier when cyrillic and arabic languages can be located using supported search engines without 1000;s of red herrings etc.I am hopeful this will happen as trans-language barriers are reducing via technology.It will benefit our historical side to the hobbu.But game wise anything can happen and anything can be used for fun yes.

Okay rtw russian inf winter looking awesomne i like.